Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doughboys Podcast Podcast • Page 410

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Mar 31, 2016.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

incredible. Jack is a troop

Kingjohn_654, y2jayjk and Wharf Rat like this.
  2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

see this is why i can never mute jack

3. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Jack is amazing for this

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Lol about what?

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don't even know anymore. Watchmen? Star Wars?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Anthony_ and Wharf Rat like this.
  7. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Limp Dipshit may be a new go to for me

Anthony_ likes this.
  8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The worst Wiger take???

9. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Just more regular human man behavior.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

He’s probably not getting enough hog pics

Aaron Mook and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Once you learn to blow yourself, I could see how jacking off could lose it's allure.

Kingjohn_654 and Anthony_ like this.
  12. simonthebutler

Regular

Mitch as Mikey beefcheeks on this week's Gino is hilarious, unsurprisingly him and Gabrus play really well off eachother

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Have they reviewed anything in Houston? I'm visiting next week and looking for some of the dive-y type places the Boys visit.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

When they came to Texas last (end of 2017) they went to Torchy's Tacos for Austin, Whataburger for Dallas, and Shipley's Do-Nuts for Houston.

colorlesscliche and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

My brother used to live in Houston, we saw the live show there. Shipley’s and Torchy’s are both excellent, Whataburger is fine but the honey butter chicken biscuit they have in the morning was real real good.

My favorite disgusting Houston place is the Waffle Bus, a chicken and waffles focused food truck. They have an amazing chicken and waffles sandwich, desert waffles, and chicken sliders made with waffle fries. Soo good.

16. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

17. Jack taking a shot at Hodgman this morning

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome, thank you! Will be going to all places mentioned!

Chicken Thunder Fries the thing you're talking about? That makes my mouth water. I fricking love spicy mayo.

incognitojones and riotspray like this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

@colorlesscliche

I've lived in Dallas my whole life. My takes on those 3...

Whataburger is pretty good beyond the honey butter biscuit, but it's just a solid burger, it's not otherworldly or anything. If you do go there, I'd suggest a Patty Melt or one of the others from the "favorites" menu.

Shipley's never struck me as anything other than your average donut shop, but if you don't have donuts/sausage rolls around you, it might be fun.

Torchy's is pretty good too, and would be pretty exciting/different for someone who doesn't live in a place like Dallas/Austin where there are tacos all over the place.

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I don't eat red meat, so if I did Whataburger, it'd be in the morning for the honey butter chicken biscuit.

We do have speciality donut shops, but I love donuts, like a lot. If you've ever been to Universal in FL, that Voodoo place hits the spot every time I leave at night.

There really isn't a huge taco scene in Baltimore, so I am looking forward to it. If there was a better place, I wouldn't be opposed to going there instead.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

What's typical order at Torchys for you guys? I'm looking at their taco menu - can you do 3 easily or are they pretty filling?

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I think Torchy's is a good choice for a chain taco place. If you've had Voodoo donuts, Shipley's probably isn't going to wow you, but if you love donuts, you'll still be happy.

If you don't eat beef, Whataburger has a honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich, that I personally think is better than the honey butter biscuit, but whichever sounds more appealing to you, you'll probably prefer. They also make "taquitos", which are just breakfast tacos (egg, cheese, and meat or potato) that are pretty solid too.

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

They're pretty filling, but I don't think 3 is ridiculous if you have a decent appetite.

I like the Brushfire and the Trailer Park (trashy)

colorlesscliche likes this.
  24. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

They are not but those were also really. Me my brother and his wife got one sandwich an order of sliders and the fries last time and shared it all, everything was amazing. They also have solid desert waffles.

Torchys you should be fine with 2-3 tacos, the trailer park one with a chicken finger in it was my fav. Also very good queso.

Shipley’s donuts are fine but the kolaches were incredible, a definite game changer. We also went to a stand alone kolache place that was around the same level, they just work and I wish they were available outside of Texas.

colorlesscliche likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter