Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doughboys Podcast Podcast • Page 407

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Mar 31, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I think its Doughboys for me too

Kingjohn_654, y2jayjk and riotspray like this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

hhmm. i dont think i could say anything other than Comedy Bang Bang. i owe so much entertainment to not only that show itself, but the network of people and work it introduced me to. i dont think they've been that launching pad as much in recent years (but they still have introduced me to a lot of my new mainstays in the last few years) and i wouldnt say it's my favorite podcast but yeah. second is between Doughboys and High & Mighty tbh

Contender likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Never Not Funny has been an absolute joy consistently since 2006, gotta give it to them.

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’d probably have to go with doughboys. I’ve fallen off of NNF in the last few years and haven’t been regularly listening.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

For podcasts, Doughboys is definitely my number one. I'm thinking maybe #1 or 2 over ALL media.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Kingjohn_654, Shrek, Anthony_ and 4 others like this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The Year in Comedy Podcasts

Best Podcast to Teach You About Friendship — Doughboys

Although the Best Friends podcast is an obvious choice for this category, let’s focus on a more trying friendship — one that has been on display for us to see through the highs and lows. Over the years, Mike Mitchell and Nick Wiger have had what can best be described as a contentious relationship. From the infamous fry fight of 2016 to Wiger’s accusation that Mitch is not a “common man but a common fool,” the two have been at odds more times than the Hamburglar and Ronald McDonald. As the years go on, however, where there once was an adversarial affair, a meaningful friendship has started to blossom. A kinship that feels more familial than anything. Relationships can be hard to navigate. Through thick and thin — both in the form of difficult times and milkshakes — our Doughboys have slowly grown into Doughbrothers.In previous years, it was evident that the podcast was weighing on our hosts and could end at any time. This year, however, things felt a bit different. Where true arguments used to be, a more playful understanding is present. With a recent live show in Mitch’s hometown of Boston being somewhat of a milestone episode, you could feel the genuine love and appreciation Wiger and Mitch have for one another. Let’s all raise our glasses and thank the Doughboys for showing us what a five-fork friendship can look like.

HDTGP also got a mention

8. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Feels good

Attached Files:

9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i wish i could only mute his tweets about pop culture and not the ones where hes arguing with an idiot

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I love Jack but he's been wearing on me. I can't believe this compulsion to immediately fire off 50 self-righteous, aggressively confident tweets about something relatively innocuous or benign every single day. The bits and arguments are good. The movie and TV takes are tiring.

11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

he's annoying and Watchmen is good

12. Wharf Rat

Him and Leslie are truly just absolute rank contrarians when it comes to movies and TV lol, there's nothing more to it. but then he also will get into a huge fight with moviebob or some scab and its great

y2jayjk, Zilla, imthesheriff and 3 others like this.
  13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

If I didn't already mute the keywords for everything involving star wars and all the other comic book crap I wouldn't be able to follow him.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  14. Wharf Rat

and, as annoying as jack is, you really can't deny that he is a consummate poster. the poster's ideal

phaynes12 and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

He seems to be trying to pick a fight with David Sims of all people today.

16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I’m here for Jack’s Twitter all day everyday.

y2jayjk and Wharf Rat like this.
  17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

wait what dumb stuff did jack say about watchmen

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. Nathan

I think Leslie and Jack host a podcast where they watch Watchmen and talk about how much they hate it. Or maybe it’s Leslie’s show and Jack has been on it

Wharf Rat likes this.
  19. Nathan

Regardless it is 75% of what they tweet about

Wharf Rat likes this.
  20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s pro cop or something. I haven’t watched yet

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

clearly jack hasn't watched it either lol

22. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

He said it was pro cop after one episode and is too stubborn to admit he is absolutely wrong. The politics of the show aren’t perfect for sure but his constant tweeting about how bad it is was driving me nuts

23. Wharf Rat

They both decided they didn't like it immediately after that Lindelof interview where he said all that mind numbingly stupid political stuff, which tbh has still made me wary of it even most of the way through. I'm still not sure the last ep isn't going to pull the rug out and be like "and that's why we need equal representation of republicans in government"

24. Wharf Rat

Also Wiger was on their anti-watchmen pod I'm pretty sure lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Mitch listing "Lord of the Rings" as his top Christmas movie is the bullshit of all bullshit and I'm surprised he didn't get called out on it. I was irrationally mad about that after he said it.

But "Catch Me If You Can" is definitely one of the best Christmas movies. No contest.

Kingjohn_654 and Grapevine_Twine like this.