Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doughboys Podcast Podcast • Page 339

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah things like AVGN especially kind of really hurts this show’s reason for existing, the guy’s reviewed like 200 games. I’m mostly hoping that over time it evolves into a Doughboys-esque dynamic where we’re listening more for the bits and the banter than for the actual premise of the pod. Although without the chaos that Mitch brings to the table Nick might finally be able to keep a show on the rails consistently so who know if it will get there.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yeah i have no doubt it'll get better as they find the format and if we go more than 10 eps before Gabrus gets his hands on it and turns an ep into utter chaos i will be shocked

3. Anthony_

Yeah Gabrus will be great on this. JoMo is a pretty perfect first guest also.

riotspray and Shrek like this.
  4. Shrek

PFT is also lowkey a big gamer

Anthony_ likes this.
  5. Anthony_

I think I knew that but even if I did I forgot it. Hopefully they can get him on early.

Shrek likes this.
  6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t really agree with any of those criticisms halfway through this episode.

7. Shrek

i wonder how long they have these in the can. games in general are a big ask compared to movies. some games take like 10 hours just to open up and give the player all the mechanics available.

Anthony_ likes this.
  8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I had fun with it, I think with time they'll get past the "this is bad" of it all; they arent really used to hitting terrible games hard yet. All the riffing about Rouge really got me.

Anthony_ and imthesheriff like this.
  9. Anthony_

Was wondering this too. They have to give a considerable amount of lead time plus they have to make sure the guest has access to the game.

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think it will get better when they get to the games that Wiger was a part of. Those made for the better HDTGM episodes, when the crew talked with someone involved with one of those terrible movies.

I think they could use more clips, instead of having someone describe them, like when they were talking about the game music. I'm sure it will find the right pace. The first ep was good.

11. Anthony_

They need to do another ramen chain for Doughboys. As luck would have it, Ippudo has a spot in Santa Monica. They just have to get Mitch over there.

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Fran's always a great guest.

incognitojones likes this.
  13. imthegrimace

Also need to see Yusong play 1 on 1 against Mitch or Wiger

14. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I've never subbed to a podcast Patreon but I'm going to get in on it for Doughboys. if I sub I can see all of the doubles in Overcast? truly have no idea how the pay-wall feeds work.

riotspray and incognitojones like this.
  15. chris

Trusted Supporter

when you subscribe they'll email you a feed URL to plug into overcast. It can also be found from their patreon page once you sub

Zilla and sean_rugy like this.
  16. chris

Trusted Supporter

Fran is one of my favorite guests and the Beyond Famous Star is a disgusting mess, but also kind of what I miss about fast food being a little less accessible as a vegan/vegetarian

17. imthegrimace

Some on the hand holding club Facebook created a pole of least favorite guests and he said his was Paul Rust. Fuck outta here with that shit.

18. This was the same user who said he didn't like Dr. Pepper, so yeah, he can fuck right of to legoland

19. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Dr Pepper is ass

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Soda is battery acid

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I am grill

22. Anthony_, y2jayjk, riotspray and 3 others like this.
  23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

That poll made me glad there are so few bad guests. The only one i can't stand is Kevin Pollak.

y2jayjk likes this.
  24. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Bug Mane is the only bad guest.

25. Shrek

i dug the last Pollak episode, the Double one where they did the theater. not my favorite by any means but i enjoyed it.