Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doughboys Podcast Podcast

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Mar 31, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

With the growing popularity of this podcast in the Comedy thread combined with my growing obsession as well, I've decided that I want my first thread on the new forums to be a place for the members of Spoon Nation to congregate and celebrate the world of chain restaurants.

Doughboys

chris-wrecker likes this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I want to start this thread with a

to all of Spoon Nation.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Well isn't that special

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

B-)

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Only one ep behind!

6. *very Mitch voice* what the FUCK

I don't know how I feel about this. Kinda feel like Spoon Nation lives in the comedy thread. Hm. Anywho, I'm on ep 35, so makin' strides. Should be caught up in the next couple weeks.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Doughboys Bingo:
    -What the Fuck
    -Mitch's friends' dumb nicknames
    -Mario Kart
    -Friend of the Podcast Evan Susser
    -Mitch/Quinsey is racist
    -My Lovely Wife
    -Wiger is a robot
    -Wiger is a pedophile
    -Wiger is on the spectrum
    -Mitch continues to play Soundcloud after the drop
    -Mitch mentions that he never lived with the Birthday Boys
    -An integral part of the program is reversed
    -Minions
    -Wiger saying something filthy
    -Mum/Pupcorn
    -A Gun in Mouth

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah. I love me some Doughboys, but it might not be a bad idea to keep it in the comedy/comedy podcasts threads.

I remember back when nearly every post in the comedy threat was about Hollywood Handbook, now it's died off considerably. Will probably equal out with Doughboys.

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The two podcasts to have their own thread: Serial and Doughboys. Peas in a pod.

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

That Cereal/Serial bit really got me.

11. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I love the Leftovers segment

12. yes! It's so good. I squealed the very first time they did it cus it was such a good idea.

13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

There is a Wendy's right by my house so I go there after work fairly often. I wonder if I'm the only weirdo to come through the Drivethru listening to people talk about Wendy's... Because I've done this multiple times now.

14. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

The Wendys episode has left me continuously craving Wendys for the past 4 weeks

15. I get the 4 for $4 meal way too often

16. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I walked way too far in the rain on my lunch break because they put that Wendy's crave in me.

Came back soaked but it was worth it.

17. lati

are they aware of how much they affect the listener? I haven't seen someone yet who HASNT gotten a type of fast food specifically after the dough boys mention it

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

To those critical of the idea of this podcast having its own thread... "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!"

Probably a bunch of Wiger fans.

but yeah, you're right. the comedy thread was sufficient... just wanted this to be my 1st chorus.fm thread

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Hope it was a spicy chicken sandwhich

20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Without question.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

The Asiago Ranch Chicken club is pretty solid too. Since it's basically a spicy chicken sandwich with bacon, cheese and ranch added.

22. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I still think every few days about the visual of little Mitch being slowly crushed by a passenger seat due to an electronic malfunction caused by a spilled Wendy's Coke.

23. lati

I love the mental image of Mitch working on Love and then progressively getting bigger as the season went on

yeahrightdude likes this.
  24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I love the mental image of the Love writers pitching different lines and ideas to explain the weight gain

25. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

They already gave his character a Randy's Triple Dandy, they could just have him hosting a chain-restaurant podcast for fun.