Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Donald Trump’s Nomination Is Terrifying • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2016.

1. doubledribble

Regular

Which is why you should vote for Gary Johnson!

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Not true that it "always" comes down to Florida... Last election the results were in before Florida was even done reporting.

And frankly as someone from Florida I am shocked Hilary won the nomination so I have no idea what to expect for the general election

3. RiseAgainst379

Regular

That's a fair point, I believe Colorado/Pennsylvania were the tipping points in 2012. And, Obama would have still won even if Florida and Ohio had been flipped for Romney. As I say, it's generally true, but not always. Dems of course have a systemic advantage - In 2016 race, an electoral college edge for Democrats

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I'm not saying he's the Antichrist, but he is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum on pretty much everything Jesus talked about. Nah okay... I am saying he's the Antichrist, and the fact that the Christiest party in the country voted him to lead them is puzzling beyond words.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This country is fucked and if Trump wins, you can thank the DNC. Clinton sucks but the DNC is the reason the party isn't united to beat Trump by a landslide.

beachdude42, Luroda and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Thank you. So sick of seeing "this is the only candidate who makes sense". Fuck that.

7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

According to the polls linked on the original post, my vote is going to count towards one of the "states to watch" (AZ) which puts even more gravity on my vote. Trump's racism and immigration stance could really affect me personally among millions of others. I don't believe Hillary and I don't think she'll be good for our country or the world as a whole but I wouldn't want Trump to spend a second in office. I would trust Hillary there for a lot longer.

beachdude42 and Jason Tate like this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Only a couple have really made that jump, but yeah it is insane, and sad to see.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  9. slickdtc Jul 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2016)
    slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I keep hearing how shady and corrupt Clinton is, but isn't that simply by definition of being a politician? I don't trust any of them, holding my nose and voting for the "least bad" has always been the way. I don't see how one can follow politics and not be completely disillusioned to the whole thing. I suppose because it's PRETTY IMPORTANT, because these people make decisions that impact not only US citizens but everyone on the planet, but the way that politics has become (probably always was, nostalgia be damned) some sort of sick game and how we just accept it is crazy.

Maybe that's why there's these people who really support Trump. For me, I can't get past his blatantly racist and xenophobic remarks. Umm, hello, he insulted two huge demos (Mexican's and Muslims), and it blows my mind that anyone who doesn't look like Trump himself (white) would think he won't turn on you next.

At least Clinton is trying even if she'll never be able to shake her past. Trump is just playing this like a game. But you know what, if he fools the majority and wins, he did it fair and square. The country will reap what it has sown.

You think things are bad now? Ohhhh boy. It will be the fucking shit show to end all shit shows. We've already got foreign officials warning us that if Trump becomes President, we got problems. Unfortunately, that's what his supporters want: BOMB THE MIDDLE EAST! THROW THOSE PEOPLE IN JAIL! KICK THAT RELIGION OUT OF OUR COUNTRY! These are all solutions a fucking little kid comes to, not a grown adult who understands that the issues we face are extremely complex and not cured with a magic bullet. But a big chunk of our country IS that basic. They do think these are realistic solutions that will "restore" America's greatness.

It's just mind blowing. I knew I didn't associate with the general public, but even with that low opinion, I overestimated their ability to fully utilize the brain capacity they've been given.

10. 4X's

I'm honestly just as frightened by the outpouring of support for Gary Johnson, especially when compared to the support of Jill Stein. Although, I wouldn't classify him as a monster the way I would Trump, his proposed policies would be incredibly damaging and dangerous to the country, possibly more so than Trump in some aspects. So the increased trend in support for Johnson has me extremely worried that an eventual collapse of the Republican Party would just lead to a rise a of libertarianism, which is abjectly terrifying.

11. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Good luck America.

12. chcougar1

Trusted

That's fair, but it's still pretty much the opposite of what Obama tried to do. It's all a joke.

13. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm voting third party, and living in a blue state, can do that with zero guilt as well.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup. I live in San Francisco and I am voting Jill Stein.

15. mattylikesfilms Jul 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2016)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's fair and I see where you're coming from obviously. The way I see it, if I live in a predominantly blue state then me voting for The Green Party is not really a waste cause if they get 3% of the vote- the party gets funding. I like that a lot since I view the DNC to be as shitty as the RNC is its own ways that are not bigoted or fear mongering.

16. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Sadly, Hillary is the only person who can stop Trump at this point.

fenway89 likes this.
  17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Corporate Neoliberalism or Fascism

Sick choice

Dean, Dominick, Aaron Mook and 4 others like this.
  18. kevincomplains

I remember sitting at a bar in Alaska when it was announced that Obama had won the 2012 election. There was a ticker in the corner saying "AK polls open for another 2 hours, make your vote count!"

Big moment for me haha

19. doubledribble

Regular

Votin for someone you don't believe in is a waste of a vote in any election. I mean how many people go around saying my vote won't matter or I will vote for so and so just because I don't want such and such to win. What would happen if those people United and supported a candidate they believed in?

20. Nothing. An electoral system like we have in the states guarantees a two party system.

slickdtc, Luroda, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.
  21. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

This video is great. Just sent it to my brother who's planning on voting for Jill Stein. I don't think he wants a Trump presidency either.

22. Pooch

Regular

Capitalism is the devil oh nooo

23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

what an intelligent, well-reasoned response. you've done it, gary johnson's getting my vote!

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I am in NC, pretty sure it's a swing state. I'm voting Hilary to help block Trump, and then voting for Roy Cooper to get that dumb-shit Pat McCrory out of office. Seriously guys, we cannot let Trump win, and if you're in NC, don't forget to take the guy ruining our state out too.

25. Dominick Jul 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 24, 2016)
    Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Others have said it before elsewhere, but it occurs to me that, if you genuinely believe that Trump is a fascist and represents a true danger in this country, then you'd better be prepared to do more than just vote. Fascism is in the streets fighting, pulling women out of bathrooms because of essentialist conceptions of gender; facilitating the expansion of rape culture on college campuses; eroding the minimal methods of bringing police to justice; sending children to camps to "correct" their sexuality; they are, in other words, violently standing their ground. Casting a vote won't be enough to counter this, no matter how much we wish this were the case. You better be out in the streets, too.