Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Donald Trump’s Nomination Is Terrifying • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I am pretty morally opposed to both of these people running the country. I think both of them are bad choices, but Trump is by far and away the worse of the two. The man is disgusting. I can't find a single good quality in him, whereas I could find some in Hillary even if I strongly dislike her and generally don't think she is a good human being.

I just hate that it has come down to these two, at the end of the day I could never live with myself if I voted for someone as despicable as Trump.

2. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Yup. They can vote third party with a clear conscious because they won't be affected by a Trump presidency. But hey at least you kept shady Hillary out of the White House I guess?

AshlandATeam, beachdude42 and Jake W like this.
  3. Schooner

Trusted

Although when Trumps getting this close to actually being a chance Hillary must be doing something wrong to actually be giving that goose a sniff

Raku likes this.
  4. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Lol.

5. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

The thing that scares me most about a potential Trump presidency is that every fictional future dystopian scenario seems like it could be prophetic at this point.

6. blacktaxi2d

which candidate is better for LGBT+ people - the one who will import more people raised under shariah law which kills gays, or the one who will halt their influx into our country?

Raku and Schooner like this.
  7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I dunno. I mean I guess it depends on the cost of tax of these imports.

Personally I think we should be making more money exporting refugees but that's just me. I mean... guess we could do that under a fascist regime if Trump wins.

blacktaxi2d likes this.
  8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Thank you for your riveting input "antiPC"

9. hoodrat

Regular

Actually I can vote third party with a clear conscience because I live in a solid blue state, and would hope that many other progressives in similar situations do the same. If I lived in a swing state I'd suck it up and vote for Hill.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  10. suppyguppy

Regular

My thoughts have always been that he doesn't stand a chance in a general election and I still strongly feel that way. That said the fact that a man like him secured enough votes to even be in a general election is terrifying and says a lot about where our country is in 2016.

Luroda, FTank, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.
  11. doubledribble

Regular

Unless it's Gary Johnson!

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Screw this post. Screw Hillary too. Ain't no good candidate. Country is fucked either way. No one in the military wants either.

Chris Prindle and Raku like this.
  13. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Fair enough.

14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Sweet dupe account, Herbert.

15. hoodrat

Regular

Tim Kaine LOL - the Dems aren't even fucking trying to win over Bernie's base.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. TheFrontBortles

I'm pretty sure if Bernie endorsing Cinton didn't win them over picking Warren won't either. Most will come around with time when they realize how awful trump is and how strongly Bernie influenced the party's platform.

17. Pooch

Regular

How is Gary Johnson not getting more support? He's the only candidate that philosophically, politically, and morally makes sense.

doubledribble likes this.
  18. hoodrat

Regular

For those who oppose TPP and deregulation of the banks, Kaine is a huge slap in the face.

19. hoodrat

Regular

Opposes net neutrality, opposes single payer healthcare, opposes higher taxes for the super wealthy, wants to privatize social security, opposes gun control, in favor of privatized prisons, wants to end the federal reserve, and a bunch of other shitty views. I didn't know much about him before just reading over his OnTheIssues page but he seems to be in line with every other Libertarian wackjob. A couple good stances on social issues but mostly just bullshit about deregulating everything and letting corporations take control.

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

As much as I'd like to think there isn't a realistic chance of Trump winning, it's still terrifying to me to see all the support he's received from people who either don't see the kind of man they're truly supporting - or even worse, don't care. Seeing some of my "progressive" friends shift from passionately backing Bernie to being fully aboard the Trump bandwagon in a matter of months, just because of their hatred for Hillary (even if it's deserved) has been very unnerving.

21. If any of your friends went from Bernie to Trump they are clearly idiots. Hahhaa. Sorry but that's just insane.

22. TheFrontBortles

I've definitely seen some people make this leap. They just want an outsider and that's the sole criterion they are using to make their decision. It's terrifying

beachdude42, FTank and fenway89 like this.
  23. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly my plan. Unfortunately, though, Jill Stein isn't on the ballot here yet.

Anthony Brooks and hoodrat like this.
  24. RiseAgainst379

Regular

It's generally the rule in modern times (though not always) that in order to win the electoral college, you need 3 of the following 5: California, Texas, New York, Florida, Ohio. California and New York will go for Hillary, Texas for the Donald. And as always, the decisions for the rest of us will be made by the people of Florida and Ohio.

All this is to say that the Electoral College is an antiquated institution created by the Framers as a direct manifestation of their mistrust of the People. I can't see how anyone who has read Madison's Convention Notes or Federalist 68 is surprised that the system has churned out two of the most disliked candidates in living memory - that's exactly what it was designed to do! /rant

25. jols

Trusted Prestigious

Trump's campaign was planted to ensure enough fear to generate a Clinton victory.