Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dolly Parton Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, May 12, 2016.

1. cshadows2887 May 12, 2016
    (Last edited: May 9, 2023)
    cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Dolly Rebecca Parton (born January 19, 1946) is an American singer-songwriter, actress, author, businesswoman, and humanitarian, known primarily for her work in country music.

Parton is the most honored female country performer of all time. Achieving 25 RIAA certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum awards, she has had 25 songs reach No. 1 on the Billboard Country charts, a record for a female artist. She has 41 career top 10 country albums, a record for any artist, and she has 110 career charted singles over the past 40 years. All-inclusive sales of singles, albums, hits collections, and digital downloads during her career have topped 100 million worldwide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cybele likes this.
  2. Inna Selez

Regular

Fun fact she wrote and sang "I will always love you". Twenty years later this song become more popular after Whitney Houston cover. Here is original version. I like it very much too.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  3. cshadows2887

You want to talk about someone whose celebrity obscured their genius in the public eye, she has to top the list.

stars143 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  4. Inna Selez

Regular

Whitney is more popular around other countries. But I read about Dolly some info, and she deserves more respect.

5. cshadows2887

6. stars143

Trusted

Interesting article about Dolly Parton's approach to business and life: Dolly Parton
    She's a national treasure.

zmtr likes this.
  7. Inna Selez

Regular

Thanks a lot for article. Ah she was born too early. Bet if in her days medias and internet were so massive like now she would be more popular.

8. zmtr

Trusted

Fucking love her. My dog is named after her.

9. Inna Selez

Regular

10. Inna Selez

Regular

11. cshadows2887

Been on a bit of a kick again since she popped up in Stranger Things.

12. Inna Selez

Regular

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

JM95 likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

JM95 likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Listening to these singles and Bygones actually kind of rips??