Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dog with a Blog’s Disco & Funk Blog Log

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog with a Blog, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Dog with a Blog

Anybody here into funk music? Lately I’ve been big into funk and disco, but my knowledge of it is so limited and I need more suggestions; both classic and modern.

Love stuff like this

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

No funk fans, eh?

3. Dog with a Blog

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Finally, an excuse to post one of my favorite videos of all time.

Seriously though, funk is such an interesting genre, even more so when you realize how West Coast hip hop sampled it so heavily. Personally, I start with James Brown and work my way up to Parliament-Funkadelic and so forth.

5. Dog with a Blog

Hell yeah. I'm in class right now, but I'll have to check it out after class. I'm surprised out how few disco/funk clubs are in Los Angeles. I have found one but you need an invite or some shit like that

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm a big fan of the cliche ones like Parliament and Funkadelic but I've never really delved deeper into funk, even though I should

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

I’ve enjoyed it casually, but it isn’t until recently that I’ve really started to get into it and god damn, I’ve been missing out. It’s just so god damn fun, but it’s not necessarily simple either.

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

big fan of disco edits

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Before I forget, Ohio Players are one of my favorite funk bands. Definitely check them out.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

Classic jam.

11. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

12. Wharf Rat

13. Dog with a Blog

Hell. YES!

Warf comin through with the bangers

Wharf Rat likes this.
  14. Wharf Rat

im in it lately baby i love the funk

15. Subbin'

I'm finally getting into Casiopea. Japanese funk has an endless list of gems.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  16. Wharf Rat

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. Wharf Rat

18. Went on a bit of a disco kick at some point last year, maybe not so coincidentally when I started playing bass a lot more haha. I love nothing more in music than an incredibly tight rhythm section and this genre is fucking full of it. Listening to this song after a couple of drinks with some good headphones on is what gave me the push to check more of it out