Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Who TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by clockwise, Apr 2, 2016.

1. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Love, love, love the outfit.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's predictable but I do like having these specials as a final, lengthy goodbye for the Doctor (and I love Capaldi so I want one last hour with him). Now, if they swerve and somehow have this be a multi-Doctor story with both Twelve and Thirteen (and the First), that's something I'd be totally into.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Actually true I guess I wouldn't want it to happen quick. I still would enjoy if he went down like 10 minutes before the end, and then she could come in and redeem herself. Or I'm down for a multi-doctor story too. Basically, I would just like to see more than a flash of her face and one liner. It'd be cool if they actually included her in the special in a compelling way. Man it is a bummer to lose Capaldi. I wouldn't have minded one more season.

tucah likes this.
  4. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

if Capaldi gave a 55 minute monologue for the entire episode, i'd be into it.

i'm excited for 13, but I also want to enjoy my favorite Doctor's exit, ya know?

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Hopefully they don't cover him in prosthetics and make him unrecognizable most of the episode like they did with old man 11

scottlechowicz likes this.
  6. Importer/Exporter

Loved the regeneration

WolvesAreCircling182 likes this.
  7. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Great episode. Going to watch it 5 more times and cry myself to sleep. Bring on 13.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I loved the episode. It also emotionally wrecked me. I honestly almost forgot he couldn't remember Clara but I'm so happy he can now. It wouldn't be right for him to not remember her. Capaldi was a great doctor, I'm going to miss him, but I'm also very excited for next season

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I still need to watch all of season 10 before the Christmas special. Ughhh no time

10. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Capaldi was great in this.

Bring on Jodie.

11. Importer/Exporter

Capaldi was my favorite of the 4 I’ve watched. I feel like he was the perfect Doctor. He didn’t always get the greatest stories, but i feel like that’s true of all of them. Bring on Jodie, bring on the new showrunner!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I'm really excited for a new showrunner. I liked Moffat, but I'm ready for a tonal shift. I think he executed the end of what I'll call the doctor's existential crisis that has been a big part of Capaldi's story really well. I could feel how exhausted he was before he regenerated.

13. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I really liked the Christmas episode. And that scene with the 1914 Christmas was just beautiful (that event in itself was beautiful)

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  14. BTDandFeelingThis

This

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

[​IMG]

On board. I love everything about this.

16. BTDandFeelingThis

As do I :heart: hopes are high

scottlechowicz likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Gahh just give me a premiere date!

This is very cool. I'm a fan. Really curious to see how much the show changes with Chris Chibnall taking over.

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Same. He did such an amazing job on broad church i am hoping that translates well here

michael_gatto and scottlechowicz like this.
  19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I missed the last season. Was it good?

I got burnt out by Moffat so bad. But I'm 100% watching this season.

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  20. BTDandFeelingThis

Last season was better than the previous few imo

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I liked the last season. I really liked Bill, and there was a lot of Missy which is a plus. If it's the only season you missed, it's definitely worth watching if you plan to watch the next one!

JediMasterKevo182 and zigbigwig like this.
  22. Importer/Exporter

Capaldi and Coleman were so good together, it's a bummer their seasons together only had 5-7 good episodes each.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. Rewatching the series with the wife and the girl in the fireplace is such a great episode. Probably better than anything in see season 1.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The Girl In the Fireplace is one of my favorite episodes ever. Say what you want about Moffat as show runner, but I don't think anyone can deny he had some truly fantastic stand alone episodes.

spiffa0 and scottlechowicz like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've never been one for radio stories, but this seems neat.