Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Who TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by clockwise, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Matt

the bones are their money, so are the worms Prestigious

Really liked the last one. But yeah, the end of the monk arc was pretty lame

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The end of the trilogy was definitely cheesie and a little disappointing, but I didn't think it was terrible. Thought the Arc as a whole was pretty cool overall. The ending was about as classic Moffat Who as it gets (love conquers all).

3. clockwise

God-Emperor of Bad Opinions Prestigious

Yeah I thought the ending worked, especially as they had been building Bill's bond with her mother the entire season. I thought it was a good payoff to that thread.

4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The end of Saturday's episode was brilliant. Can't wait for next week!

5. Does this count as "Moffat being shitty to female characters?"

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Depends what happens next week?

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

One thing I will say is this: how much better would this episode have been if they had kept John Simm's appearance under wraps?! I spotted him straight away because I'd heard he was in it but if I hadn't known I wouldn't have been looking for him and the reveal at the end would have been fantastic.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

How has the season been overall? I checked out after the emoji episode and haven't had a chance to catch up.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Hit and miss for me. Some real highs that have really hooked me in but some average episodes too. I think the Doctor and Bill have been great. I've actually enjoyed Nardol as well.

10. S10 finale talk

The way the penultimate episode of the season started, I was expecting the Doctor to regenerate in the finale. It makes sense that he'd wait until the Christmas special, though, since he's previously been regenerating on the Christmas specials.

I don't know how to feel about Bill. She's... "alive." And not alone. That's good, I guess. Not entirely shitty. I'm going to miss Pearl Mackie. I pretty much cried at every scene she was in in that finale.

Capaldi giving that speech to The Master/The Mistress was great, and you could really see how torn Missy was. I'm also sad that that's probably the last time we'll see Michelle Gomez as Missy, although I wouldn't count on it being the last time we see The Master/The Mistress. I guess that sendoff suited his/her characters.

Didn't really feel much re: Nardol. Hm.

I think that's the best Cybermen episode(s) in a long time, but it may have more to do with the main characters than the Cybermen themselves.

11. michael_gatto

Trusted

Those last two episodes were, in my opinion, some of the best episodes Doctor Who has had in a while. That ending and David Bradley as the original Doctor in general is so great, I can't wait for the Christmas special.

Now that season 10 is over, I just started a complete re-watch from Eccleston's season!

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I really enjoyed the season finale.

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Has anything been said about Bill leaving the series? I got the impression that she will be back. The other girl suggested that she could make Bill 'human' again very easily and quickly by rearranging the atoms. If I had to predict anything it would be that she will need to help the next Doctor at some point. I felt the door was open. I may be wrong but I hadn't heard she was leaving permanently.
    Totally agree that she was brilliant in the finale. The barn scenes were heartbreaking.

14. Matt

the bones are their money, so are the worms Prestigious

Any time they show the past companions I end up crying lol. Looking forward to crying again on Christmas!

Also I dropped $100 to meet and get a photo with Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Boston comic connnnnnnn

michael_gatto likes this.
  15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

13 reveal after the Wimbledon men's final on Sunday.

16. michael_gatto

Trusted

Move over Game of Thrones, this is the reason to be excited for Sunday.

Hope they get someone who can fill Capaldi's shoes.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm going to miss Capaldi. I kind of wish he got one more season, also just because I don't like how formulaic it's starting to get with each Doctor having 3 seasons. And I really hope Bill sticks around for another season. What I'd really love is for her to have like half a season and her exit actually not be known ahead of time.

michael_gatto likes this.
  18. michael_gatto

Trusted

I agree completely about Bill. I love her character and we didn't get NEARLY enough time with her.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I haven't given up hope yet honestly. I'm sure at the very least she'll be around for the Christmas special, but I wouldn't be shocked if they kept her longer. I know there's been some reports that she's not coming back, but I don't know for some reason I do kind of think she will.

20. Dodge725

Regular

Here's to hoping for Hayley Atwell as 13

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'm fed up with these pre-reveals. Would love to not find out but there's no way I'll be able to avoid it until Christmas.

I remember the exhilleration when Eccleston regenerated into Tennant and as a teenager I just didn't expect it! What a moment!

22. Hayley Atwell and Pearl Mackie? Tumblr would go nuts with the ship.

23. clockwise

God-Emperor of Bad Opinions Prestigious

Gah I'm not ready for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. michael_gatto

Trusted

I agree completely. a totally cold regeneration would be fantastic, but sadly in this day and age that would never happen.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Jodie Whittaker. Knew they'd go for a woman but would have preferred a BAME male or female personally.