Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Who TV Show • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by clockwise, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I dislike the third episode a lot, but Extremis is one of the best episodes of the show and Pyramid also rips

JoshShulkin likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

yeah, I didn't think the resolution was very good, but those first two ruled.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

it's not really anyone's fault that the third episode sucked though - the Monk trilogy had one of the most laboured and rocky transitions from writing to screen in the history of the show. I'm honestly surprised any of them even got made, let alone that two were really really great

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rosa Parks episode is kinda bizarre. Didn't feel like it had as much an impact as something like the Van Gogh episode. I appreciate what it was trying to do, but I don't think it worked for me.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So Jodie is a good Doctor with some poor writing. First season wasn't very good. Second was much better.

Law and Order guy was a good villain.

Wasn't really a fan of the heavy handed episodes (plastic pollution). I get the point, but no thanks.

Mary Shelley ep might have been my fave.

Graham and Ryan was one of the best storylines ever on Doctor Who.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

the Mary Shelley ep is definitely my favourite of her run, by far. It Takes You Away is also really good

JoshShulkin and awakeohsleeper like this.
  7. tomtom94

Trusted

It Takes You Away is exactly what I wanted out of Chibnall showrunning Doctor Who, reminds me of the good episodes of Torchwood

awakeohsleeper and Rowan5215 like this.
  8. Rowan5215

agreed, without the cynical/tryhard edgy darkness that Torchwood was definitely guilty of

The Doctor winning the day by being friends with a sentient universe in the shape of a frog is exactly the kind of loopy, offbeat ridiculousness I love this show for, and wish it would indulge in more

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

To me Chibnall's episodes that he has wrote on his own are mostly weak. When he had a cowriter, the eps were better. Both Ed Hime episodes were great.

Arachnids in the UK was bafflingly bad, despite a great villain. I cannot make sense of what was going on with the ending. They kill the mama spider and the episode just kinda ends. It felt like a half written episode.

10. Rowan5215

Arachnids is possibly one of the worst DW episodes ever

and The Tunguska Catastrophe or whatever it was called wasn't much better

11. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I kinda think they should end the show for another decade after this.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

JoshShulkin likes this.
  14. tomtom94

Trusted

Unexpected news but news I can get behind. Will be interesting to see how he adapts Doctor Who given TV has changed quite a bit since 2005

15. Rowan5215

holy shit. not even sure how I feel about this

I like RTD and his work, but this feels... desperate? like the BBC scrambling for a safe option after Chibnall's era went down poorly?

16. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

There have been some rumors that the people the BBC wanted to run Doctor Who aren't able for another 2-3 years, so I could totally see RTD coming back to kind of just keep it going until they're available. Apparently, he made an agreement to come back and show run if the show ever ended up in any kind of trouble?? So this is all definitely interesting

tomtom94 likes this.
  17. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

This is very very good news.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

huh

19. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I’d rather fresh ideas, but RTD is a big step up from Chibnall IMO

Rowan5215 and JoshShulkin like this.
  20. tomtom94

Trusted

Rowan5215 and JoshShulkin like this.
  21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

If they’re going to do a 60th anniversary episode I wish they were letting RTD ‘bed in’ and build to it rather than him diving in with that.

I feel like this show needs a break, but who knows, he could revitalise it?

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  22. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I'm definitely interested to see what RTD does following up the shake up that Chibnall has given the series. Definitely feels like they're bringing him in, in an attempt to "right the ship", for lack of a better term. I haven't hated Chibnall's run, but I also don't feel like the show is as fun as it was before he was on it.

This also makes Olly Alexander a shoe-in for next Doctor, surely.

23. Rowan5215

back on October 31!

24. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Rowan5215 likes this.
  25. tomtom94

Trusted

Sontarans and Weeping Angels is an odd combo

But excited for it to be back