Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Who TV Show • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by clockwise, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

pretty keen for the new season now! I just rewatched S10, and while I still have problems with some of it the energy that came from just being a completely new style of the show is so intoxicating, and the moments when it all clicks together are so good. (I still think It Takes You Away is up there with the best of anything in NuWho). here's hoping it really takes off with the next season

2. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

This was definitely the best episode of the Chibnall era so far.

secretsociety92 and Rowan5215 like this.
  3. Rowan5215

absolutely. adored that reveal, don't even care how much it contradicts previous episodes - just had the biggest smile on my face the whole time haha

secretsociety92 likes this.
  4. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

The dude playing the dude is excellent in this role. It seemed like he was coked out though lol.

5. alextisonfire

https://soundcloud.com/beerherepodcast Supporter

Never finished the last two episodes of the previous season (first time I’ve missed any episodes of Nu Who) and was feeling pretty weary about the future of the show. This episode brought me back. It was charming, ambitious, and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I read a major spoiler going into it, but that didn’t change how much I loved the ending and am looking forward to where it goes from here.

6. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Incredible final five minutes, and a lot of fun up to that point. I felt last season that the component parts for a great show were there, and I feel like they’ve hopefully put it together.

7. Rowan5215

if anyone knows how to track down some space coke, it's def the master

8. Rowan5215

I feel like that episode was kind of a hot mess, but I had so much fun with it I can't even complain? absolutely wild ride

9. clockwise

Yeah last night was good and the message it left us with is something that can't be hammered hard enough into our thick skulls, so good on them.

10. Rowan5215

the message was good but it felt like that episode changed focus around every 2 minutes ha

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Haven't seen last night's but I really enjoyed the first 2. It had some genuinely frightening parts, and I wasn't sure where it was going. I think we're spoiler safe at this point but still The Master was a nice surprise. I had kind of half read a comment that gave it away to me, but for some reason I still thought it was the Jeff Bezos type guy (can't remember his name) and not Oh, which was kind of a funny bit to name him.

I don't necessarily love that they destroyed Gallifrey before we ever got a chance to actually visit it though.

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The thing that got to me in Episode 3 was why on earth did the Doctor take everyone on the rescue mission truck into a harsh wasteland with killer aliens?! Kids and pensioners! She could have left some behind. She just isn’t that reckless usually. It’s one thing those kind of characters being stuck somewhere (ie if it all happen at the spa) but it’s another putting those people in direct danger by deliberately taking them to a dangerous place. That made no sense to me!

Rowan5215 likes this.
  13. Rowan5215

that was one bizarre thing. also the random mystery of why the Dregs were carrying the elderly guy around, which seemed like it was leading up to some really terrifying reveal and then it just never meant anything. or the fact that The Doctor and co. just teleported off and left the others to die even though they could easily go back in the TARDIS and save them both. or Bella and Kane's ridiculous motives for a) building the hotel in the first place and b) wanting to blow up the hotel. seriously... so much bizarre writing, can't believe it's the same guy who gave us It Takes You Away

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It also kind of bothered me she didn’t try to stop anyone from going but I guess it’s kind of redundant to always do that “you shouldn’t go” “you can’t stop me” dance. The dregs having that guy I think was just to show they were intelligent enough to toy with him. But ya both things were a little odd.

I did enjoy the episode and understand they were trying to make the message effectively so I won’t knock it too much but it did bother me that She said this is just one timeline implying that the characters travel between multiple timelines. I mean I know the show has always said some things are fixed and some can change, but I’d just think the earth being destroyed is one that would be fixed. I just hope this episode exists in a bubble basically as a heavy message episode. I’m a little worried they’re gonna play into multiple timelines for the Doctor to un-destroy Gallifrey.

15. Rowan5215

this week's episode ruled. gave me Vincent and the Doctor vibes, which is in my top 5 favourite DW eps so that's a very good thing. I think I just have to accept that Jodie's era is always gonna nail the historicals far more than the other episodes ha

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I liked this episode. With a handful of exceptions (Girl In the Fireplace, Vincent and the Doctor in particular), I'm typically not as big of a fan when they go back in time, but this was a solid one, and I agree it had a similar feeling to the end of the Van Gogh episode.

Was the villain the same race as the one from Donna's first Christmas special (like before she was the official companion)? Or was it just coincidentally similar?

17. Just coincidently similar. Different species names according to the Wiki, but I definitely had the same thought.

18. Rowan5215

I was wondering if they were gonna reveal the Racnoss and whatever the scorpion-villains were called were from sister planets, like the Slitheen and the Abzorbaloff, lmao

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. clockwise

They should have at least dropped a Racnoss reference, it’s way too similar a design to not even bring it up. Weird.

20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

OH MY LIFE. What an episode. Absolutely loved that. A rollercoaster ride. Captain Jack!!! Unknown Past Doctor!!!! This series is so much better than last series having a storyline woven in. Can’t wait to find out what is happening!

Rowan5215 likes this.
  21. Rowan5215

I have no idea what just happened but I loved all of it

22. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I actually screamed out loud when by boy Captain Jack showed up.

23. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Best episode in years. Truly stunning.

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Haven't seen it yet but the BBC social media accounts already spoiled it on Twitter and Facebook

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. clockwise

It was a true mindfuck.