Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Who TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by clockwise, Apr 2, 2016.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

2. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I'm already picturing Capaldi trying show off and validate himself to the new companion. I can't wait for this upcoming series (especially with the new showrunner). The wait is going to be grueling.

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Capaldi was fantastic in the last series. It was the most I've enjoyed a Doctor Who series for a long time.

4. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Haha interaction with the new companion sounds fun. I'm on board.

5. clockwise

6. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

I'll probably check it out to tide me over unit DW is back on. Isn't this not coming until 2017?

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Gonna be a long year without Doctor Who, though I guess having Class is a small consolation prize.

8. clockwise

Companion being announced later today!

[​IMG]

9. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, I didn't know that was already happening. Did they only just say so?

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

sweeeeeet

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Excited to see who they pick.

12. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

13. clockwise

I like her already!

14. Emperor Y

Bill!

15. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Can't wait. Not worried about the new companion, but I hope the stories are good this season.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sounds like Capaldi is hinting we may see Clara again in some way.

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Rumor circulating that Matt Smith could return as the Doctor after Capaldi leaves and be the first ever to regenerate back. That seems unlikely to ever happen

Doctor Who: Matt Smith Rumored to Return

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I haven't been paying attention at all, only just now seeing there there is already a new companion cast. That clip didn't do much for me, but still interested to see.

That article about Matt Smith coming back is pretty much nothing. "He regrets leaving, so they're gona cast him again."

Matt is "my doctor" though, so I would be totally down for him coming back again. I still feel like series 5 is the best of the reboot

19. Dodge725

Trusted

Been watching some of the Tennant and Smith seasons recently since I just got Amazon Prime, and I feel like I'm enjoying the 11th Doctor seasons way more than I used to. I really enjoy the season long arcs and plot lines much more than I remember. Maybe it's because Capaldi has been more serious/smaller stories and I missed some of the fun/silly adventure stuff, but I love the Pandorica and The Silence storylines way more than I did originally.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The season long arcs, when done well, are one of my favourite things about Doctor Who.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Silence were wonderful.

I Am Mick likes this.
  22. Emperor Y

I need this back. That I could feasibly get DW and the Leftovers running concurrently is such a pleasant thought.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Justin Chatwin (Shameless, that awful Dragon Ball movie) will guest star on the Christmas Special, which is pretty cool. I've always liked him, wish he did more (good) stuff

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I just wish the ending (how the Doctor survives) wasn't so weak. Literally a Deus Ex Machina

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. Dodge725

Trusted

I'm ok with it because it was set up and introduced earlier in the season, but I totally agree it was the weakest part of the storyline.