Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Strange (Scott Derrickson, Nov 4, 2016) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Oh hell yeah. Still want to see Shuma in some capacity. Even if it's just a glimpse.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Oh, the latter makes an appearance here briefly with a certain staff! Yes.

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

4. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I believe it^^^

I was reading some Dr.Strange yesterday and it pumped me up for this movie. The effects and action are going to put this movie either in top 5 marvel movies or worst 5 marvel movies

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Really hope it's the former!

GettingSodas likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Been reading a lot of Marvel comics recently and Dr Strange is easily one of my favourite characters. Got me even more excited for this.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. GettingSodas

8. GettingSodas

What Strange stuff have you been reading?

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Strange himself I've been reading the new stuff by Jason Aaron but I've also been reading the New Avengers run and House of M and stuff and whenever he shows up in those is fantastic. He's just so different to everyone else, doing his own weird thing, haha.

GettingSodas likes this.
  10. Tim

Ken Bone is at the Doctor Strange premier?

coleslawed and Henry like this.
  11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Still haven't watched a single trailer, but it's getting harder and harder to avoid seeing more imagery from the movie. Only have to hold out a couple more weeks.

I want so badly for this to knock GotG out of the top spot for favorite comic movie. So badly.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

100% on Rotten Tomatoes, 73 on Metacritic

coleslawed and GettingSodas like this.
  13. GettingSodas

Oh wow

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It seems like a lot of the reviews are saying that it does the same kind of stuff Iron Man did well, but makes you wish you dropped acid before.

15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Ohhhh God that would be such a fun experience. I dropped Smiles (some laboratory knockoff of acid) before Oz The Great and Powerful and it made the visuals so out of this world cool to look at it. Can't imagine watching Strange like that. Kinda wanna experience it like that the first time.

16. Tim

I don't personally do drugs, but someone who is willing should take something, see this in IMAX 3D, and then write an essay about the experience.

17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Really like the "live" posters.

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

97% with 31 reviews in: 30 positive, 1 negative. Pretty solid start.

Goddamn I still cannot believe we're getting a Doctor Strange movie. Cumberbatch is going to kill it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm excited for this. I've fallen extremely behind in the MCU. I still have to watch Thor: Dark World, Age of Ultron, Ant Man, and Civil War before I go to this. At least I have a week to catch up!

20. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

Saw it this morning.
    Really, really enjoyed it. The visuals are just stunning.
    Cumberbatch plays Strange exactly the way he should be done.
    The film is funny when it should be, the characters are pretty likeable.
    I still think Swinton was a poor choice for The Ancient One, and again the villain doesn't feel fully developed, but as a Stephen Strange origin story it's fantastic.

Also, a great post credit scene.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. alert=danger

...And yes, this film would be incredible on drugs.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Was there any Dormammu or Shuma?
    I don't care if its post credit or whatever.

23. alert=danger

Dormammu is in the film. No Shuma.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I'm still kind of on-the-fence about it. Not to re-litigate this issue, but The Ancient One is such a difficult proposition when it comes to a film portrayal. On the one hand, you can't cast someone of any Asian descent because then you have the problematic issue of suggesting (intentionally or not) that all people of Asian descent are interchangeable. But at the same time, Marvel isn't going to cast anyone of Tibetan descent because then they could basically say goodbye to the Chinese box office. But they also can't cast someone of Chinese descent because that would bring with it it's own host of problems. So it was tough.

Glad they went with a woman instead of a man, though. Maybe if it were a woman of color it would have been received better. I just don't see any way for Marvel to have cast someone of Asian descent and not had a problem or some kind on their hands. Again, not saying that what they did was right, I just don't know what alternative would have been better for them.

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Never been a big Tilda Swindon fan myself. I can look past it, but she wouldn't have been my first choice.