Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Strange (Scott Derrickson, Nov 4, 2016) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I don't know how to feel about the teaser. It's probably because I know next to nothing about the character.

The visuals look amazing though. Gonna need to do 3D for this one for sure.

I love Cumberback, so I am sure I will end up loving this.

2. Definitely. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff missing, but there really is so, so much on there. Especially if you're like me, and just kind of getting into comics, there's a ton of must read stuff (Civil War, House of M, Shadowland, World War Hulk). At the very least it's worth checking out for the 9.99 a month, even after a month, if you've read 3 or 4 books it's paid for itself. Definitely recommend the Shadowland event ... mostly 'cause I love Daredevil haha.

3. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

I'm still very curious as to who Mads is playing. My guess is Dormammu as an obvious guess. His look is great from the pics I saw.

4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I wish DC had something similar too. I typically have been buying more Image titles since the pricing is better haha. But Marvel Unlimited is great.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Dormammu and Mephisto seem to be the two big choices. Mephisto was a big part of IG, so who knows.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It looks like they're playing their cards right and not divulging too much info about the story yet. I'm actually glad they didn't show any action scenes or anything like that.

7. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

This looks fantastic. I'm really excited about this.

8. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm wondering if they'll hold off on Dormammu until later down the road.

9. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

If they go with Dormammu right away, I could see him being a Moriarty type. He's not really gone but not always in the fold and always has a presence. Or similar to how Loki is used.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

dont usually care about comic book movies in the slightest but this looks great!

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

So excited. Also, apparently Tom Holland was spotted on set? Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be in the film but that would be really cool.

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

The current comic series is a lot of fun if anyone wants to get into it.

13. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

14. Excited to see what this brings to the MCU. Looks like it's gonna be a Guardians-esque departure from the formula, which is exciting.

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah Guardians is my favorite so I'm hoping this one impresses me like that did.

ECV likes this.
  16. KGEich

Newbie Prestigious

Wow that trailer

17. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Super excited for this. When I read some of the original Guardians comics, Dr. Strange was my fav character.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

omg omg omg

[​IMG]

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

While much remains unknown about Mads Mikkelsen's villain in "Doctor Strange," the actor just revealed a bit more about the tone of this fall's Marvel movie. While speaking with Yahoo Movies UK, the former "Hannibal" star discussed "Strange's" comic book origin -- and explained how that origin influences the film.

“If you look at the comic books, the comic books are quite different [to other Marvel stories],” said Mikkelsen. “I think that the film will be different from the other [Marvel] films that we’ve seen, but not as different as the books are, because that was basically the ‘60s and ‘70s -- it was more like an acid trip. I don’t know if you’re familiar with the old comics but it’s quite a specific universe, with Kung Fu and Magic… so what’s not to love, really?”

But the film won't translate the comics, which were originally illustrated by legendary artist and Doctor Strange co-creator Steve Ditko, literally. “We’ve taken that fascination of the time into something we can relate to today,” said Mikkelsen. “So you still have the energy, you still have the colors, you still have the madness, but you also have something you can identify with."

Mikkelsen said changing things up slightly needed to be done, so "Doctor Strange" wouldn't just look like a "crazy film." He added that "Strange" will still "have all the action, all the good ingredients you get in a Marvel film, but it will have a different flavor, that’s for sure.”

And while he didn't reveal the identity of his character, he did offer up a glimpse of how he views his villain. “He’s not a villain in that way -- he’s a man who believes in something else than the hero. That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to make the planet look wonderful or he wants to save the world as well, but he has a different way of doing it. He is the antagonist, of course, but he’s not necessarily wrong.”

MattLikesSsips likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Henry and Deanna like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

yooooo

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

This is going to be insane.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter