Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness (Sam Raimi, May 6, 2022) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

justin. likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Rumor-mill source from Daniel Richtman

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is looking for actors to cameo as different members of the Avengers throughout the multiverse. Tom Cruise is being considered for Tony Stark from a different earth.

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Just bring back the entire cast from the opening of "Goldmember": Danny Devito as Hulk. Gwyneth Paltrow as Black Widow, Christopher Plummer as Thanos.

beachdude, flask, Henry and 3 others like this.
  4. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Christopher Plummer

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

America Chavez?

7. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I'm thinking America Chavez too.

8. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

She was so good in babysitters club so I’m HERE FOR IT

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

If she is America Chavez, I really don’t understand the decision to make her that young (currently 14). Especially when her best friend, Kate Bishop, is allegedly being played by 23-yr-old Hailee Steinfeld in Hawkeye (& Cassie Lang, another close friend, was aged up in Endgame to be played by 19-yr-old Emma Fuhrmann).

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Supposed Doctor Strange 2 leak

• Along with Strange and Scarlet Witch, Wong, Mordo, and the Ancient One return. Newcomers are America Chavez, Clea, Jericho Drumm, Cagliostro, Nightmare, and Shuma-Gorath
    • Shuma-Gorath, an ancient deity that feeds off of people’s fear, wants to use Chavez, a young girl who can create portals between dimensions, to spread madness and allow him to consume the multiverse.
    • Strange and Wong assemble a team to protect her which includes Scarlet Witch, Clea, Drumm, and with hesitation, Mordo.
    • Scarlet Witch’s powers grow even stronger while going through the multiverse and trains with Strange. Clea is the Ancient One’s estranged daughter with a unique connection to the Dark Dimension. Drumm is a voodoo doctor and former student of Kamar-Taj.
    • Strange desires to contact Cagliostro to learn his rituals in order to defeat Shuma-Gorath. Mordo is against this and goes rogue in an attempt to kill Chavez.
    • Final battle takes place in Shuma-Gorath’a realm of dead universes populated by physical manifestations of people’s worst fears and nightmares.
    • Bruce Campbell appears as Doctor Druid, a sorcerer supreme from a parallel universe.
    • Jeremy Irons has been approached to portray Cagliostro. Vanessa Kirby and Jodie Comer are front-runners for Clea after Charlize Theron turned it down. Nicholas Hault is in talks for Nightmare after Adam Driver turned it down.
    • WandaVision and Loki tie into MoM. MoM ties into Ant-Man 3.

ghostedaway likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Didn't expect that. She didn't have much to do in the first one.

13. Tim

Funny that they led the tweet with Age of Ultron instead of Spider-Man & didn’t even mention Batman, but at least they didn’t mention Justice League.

I’m still skeptical of where this’ll land as far as being a Raimi film vs Marvel Studios film, but this could be another reason for a little optimism.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm hoping it strikes the same kinda balance Thor: Ragnarok had. Theres so much potential here i would be very sad if it ends up being disappointing.

awakeohsleeper and Tim like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just want Mordo to be written well and not come across as a generic villain. I really liked the plans that Derrickson laid out in interviews, but we'll see if any of them change.

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

A balance in what? Comedy and dramatics? I don’t really see DS2 having the same type of things in balance that Ragnarok had in balance. These films should be vastly different.

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

No the balance of being a Raimi film vs Marvel Studios film. I think Ragnarok did everything you'd want from a big Marvel film while still feeling like a Taika Waititi film, taking advantage of all the things he does well.

Was pretty much replying to Tim without replying.

awakeohsleeper and Tim like this.
  18. Tim

Yeah, I think Ragnarok is probably the strongest example of a director’s distinct flavor seeping into the Marvel Studios house style. James Gunn & Shane Black aren’t too far off in that regard, though.

Black Panther was great & very Ryan Coogler, but the tension between the Coogler moments & the Marvel moments are a little more pronounced, particularly in the surprisingly rushed effects of the third act. I’m still obsessed with what the heck’s gonna happen to Chloé Zhao in that setting.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

justin., David87 and airik625 like this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I mean I would’ve been shocked if Bruce wasn’t in it

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Just love knowing that Chuck Finley is officially in the MCU now

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I hope that’s actually in the movie

24. oakhurst