Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness (Sam Raimi, May 6, 2022) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jul 20, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Brother Beck likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yessss

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Honestly, if it’s not too soon to find entertainment silver lining to some horrific bullshit, I think coronavirus pushing back this film is a major blessing for its potential.

When we were last talking in this thread about him signing on, I was pretty cynical about him bringing anything of himself to what felt like a worse than usual film-by-committee. But, while whatever studio mandates are still gonna be there (which at least he knew going into this, unlike SM3), there’s at least also now some time for him to develop his own flavor for those ingredients, y’know?

I was just saying this in the Spider-Man thread, but Taika Waititi is proof that a director can still bring their sensibilities into Marvel Studios action, even if those sensibilities still have to use the pre-established Marvel Studios action infrastructure. If he can do it, so can Sam Raimi.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hell yeah let’s go

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

again

coleslawed, Brother Beck and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

beachdude, SpyKi, Zilla and 1 other person like this.
  8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Sam is the right person for this

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Most anticipated 2021 MCU film now.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

man

beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Bummer

12. Tim

Remember when we were worried that Raimi wouldn't have enough time to make this his own? lol. If this ends up not having enough of his personality in it, Marvel will have no excuse.

Though, w/ Thor in February, maybe they should've picked a different spot, even if it meant moving this even further back? Like, July/August, or October/November?

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

So now we have Thor, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel in 2022. Pretty stacked 5 months.

beachdude and GrantCloud like this.
  14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

i'm sure some of those will be pushed

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

BP 2 should be pushed to July with CM 2 sliding back to November. There are currently zero Marvel films between August and December 2022.

16. Tim

Eh, out of all the Marvel films scheduled for 2022, Black Panther makes the most sense for that big May release date. I highly doubt the release order matters that much w/ some of those movies, so whatever the schedule looks like, I'd say keep that there.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

PB isn’t a part of phase 4 so I don’t think releasing it before Doctor Strange would be an option. That’s why it would make since if they delay Panther to July and Strange to May.

18. Tim

*whispers* “Phases” are meaningless distinctions.

A lot of the films Marvel has released so far could be shuffled w/out it affecting anything. The Guardians films fit anywhere between the first Avengers & Infinity War. If you pulled films between Civil War & Infinity War out of a hat to determine release order, you’d be fine. Likewise for everything between Avengers & Age of Ultron. Doctor Strange could’ve been “Phase 2,” & likewise Captain Marvel, barring certain post credits decisions (which, they’ve made post credits decisions last minute before, so that’s a very minor consideration). Heck, even w/out shifting release dates, nothing would change if you simply said, “yeah, sure, Ant-Man is the first ‘Phase 3’ film, not the last ‘Phase 2’ film.” It’s all narratively arbitrary.

Plus, every Spider-Man film has been a late addition after an initial schedule announcement. Ant-Man was planned before Avengers. Almost got a Runaways film before Avengers changed priorities. Inhumans was canceled. Ant-Man & the Wasp was a late addition, I think.

The only way that matters is if Black Panther 2 builds off of Doctor Strange 2, which, please, no.

Serh likes this.
  19. Tim

oakhurst: *breaths in a Marvel thread*

me: “Well, actually...”
    *three-paragraph essay*
    “...& that is why you’re a dummy.”

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

What are you even talking about?

21. Tim

I'm just making fun of myself, lol. I feel like a large percentage of your posts in threads like this get long rebuttals from me explaining why I think you're wrong. Which, aren't intended to actually call you dumb, but probably could be misinterpreted as such.

Basically, I just sometimes like to take the piss out of myself, so that I don't take myself too seriously, lol.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Oh lol I was confused. I like your long replies. I usually learn something I didn’t know when it comes to comics.

smowashere likes this.
  23. Tim

There's something really ironic about me making fun of how I think my posts could come across...

...and then that post being the one that comes across wrong. My bad, lol.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

DarkHotline likes this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter