Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness (Sam Raimi, May 6, 2022) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

maybe! He’s far from infallible but I think it’s an exciting hire

Oskarr and Tim like this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Rumor has it that Scott left not due to Marvel holding him back from adding a horror nature to the film but because he wanted a Doctor Strange film with Wanda added while Marvel wants a Doctor Strange + Wanda film.

We ultimately don’t 100% know what creative differences caused him to leave but I’m sure Raimi would get to add his own flavor to the story.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

good leave the MCU Regina George you're wasted there

Joe4th, GrantCloud and phaynes12 like this.
  4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m not surprised since Clea is heavily rumored to be in this film

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Rachel McAdams being wasted in the first one will always be one of my biggest gripes with the MCU as a whole.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Honestly, even outside of her being a classic Marvel under utilized good actress...

I maintain that the first Doctor Strange was better narratively & worse visually than most people say. And, part of what I liked narratively was how it used time as an on-the-nose central theme in that way only comic book films & the like can get away with. I know asking for stakes & consistency from Marvel Studios is a fool's errand much of the time, but Strange's life going forward w/out her in it would make the first film's arc that much better.

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I forgot she was even in it.

Would be excited for Raimi.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

definitely hope this becomes official. I was bummed when Scott left as i was excited with what he wanted to do, but this could be really rad. very into it.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

justin. and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So it’s pretty much confirmed at this point, right?

13. NitrateDawn Feb 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2020)
    NitrateDawn

Regular

Honestly don’t know how anyone’s excited by this since it doesn’t matter who directs it and Raimi could instead be spending his time making an actual Raimi film.

I Am Mick likes this.
  14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Well, we all know Raimi's stellar track record of directing superhero movies with too much studio interference

15. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Last film Raimi directed was the Disney-backed Oz movie. Yikes.

I hope this one's good.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

The parallels between Derrickson and Raimi make me think this is one of the best substitutes.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It was actually more interference by Avi, not the studio.

18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I mean, Spider-Man 3 w/ Raimi is a much more enjoyable film than Spider-Man 3 w/out Raimi would've been, so that's actually a really good case that he's a perfect pick.

justin., DrAlanGrant and SpyKi like this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

V excited.

I like to this there’s something about this specific script or story that’s really drawing him to it since he is incredibly picky with what he directors/hasn’t directed a full length movie since 2013.

20. soggytime

Trusted

I'm really hoping they let Raimi do his thing here. Similar to Gunn, he's an absolute master in tone. He's the perfect choice to balance comedy and (light hearted) horror here. Marvel would be insane to hire him and prevent him from giving us scenes like the Doc Ock chainsaw scene from Spider-Man 2.

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Raimi knows how to work within the confines of a studio project and still have his style shine through. Anyone worried about that doesn't know Raimi.

aliens exist likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The disney-produced Wizard of Oz sequel and SM3 appear to show otherwise though?

I Am Mick likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Once again, SP3 was Avi and his personal desires and not the studio.

24. NitrateDawn

Regular

Does it really matter who's meddling? The point is, Raimi without creative control = bad

RyanPm40 and I Am Mick like this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If you can tell me Spider-Man 3 doesn't contain many hallmarks of a Raimi film despite Avi's meddling then you didn't watch it lol

aliens exist, justin. and Tim like this.