Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Sleep (Mike Flanagan, November 8, 2019) • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dinosaurs Dish, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

holy fuck

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

omg

3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

that's gnarly as fuck

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Like I said earlier, knew there was a reason they got him for such a “small” role — felt his impact immediately.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. dlemert

Trusted

Finally caught this last night. I was the biggest skeptic going in but...they actually pulled it off? I think I loved this, and I can't wait until it comes out on blu so I can do a Shining/Dr Sleep double feature on a cold night in the dead of February.

ghostedaway likes this.
  6. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I think Tremblay really has it in him to be THE child actor of this generation. Kid has talent

zachmacD likes this.
  7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

this was much better than I expected it to be

zachmacD likes this.
  8. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Tarantino put this in his top 3 of the year

stayillogical and zachmacD like this.
  9. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

3hr directors cut coming in jan. sign me the fuck up

10. Syre Dream

Regular

yup def buying this.

11. zachmacD

Trusted

Hell yeah!

12. Dog with a Blog

I forgot to see this

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

so freaking thrilled about this 3 hour director's cut. gimme gimme gimme

Brother Beck likes this.
  14. zachmacD

Trusted

15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this is phenomenal news. This was really, really good. I've been actively trying not to pay attention to box office or get caught up in the business side of things, but I can't lie, I was disappointed in how this performed based on how good I thought it was.

zachmacD likes this.
  16. zachmacD Dec 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 31, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Marketing for this was HORRIBLE.

It was released after October/Halloween and the marketing that did exist didn't include that it was the sequel to the Shining. They also could've advertised "from the author who brought us It chapter 1 and chapter 2"

It's frustrating how many opportunities this movie had to do well, yet didn't

Brother Beck and BackyardHero11 like this.
  17. Finally watched this. It was pretty good! I jumped straight into the Director's Cut, so I'm not sure what was added compared to the theatrical cut. I don't remember anything being particularly scary for me, but the whole concept was neat and I liked the performances.

Also rewatched The Shining beforehand. That movie is still a damn masterpiece.

Brother Beck and ghostedaway like this.
  18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I’ve been wondering if I should just dive straight into the Director’s Cut also. Believe I will.

Joe likes this.
  19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Just purchased this and The Shining 2-pack on iTunes. Still haven’t seen DS but our podcast is covering the first one and I’m shocked I never owned it because it’s hands down one of my all time favs.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Any of y’all see the directors cut yet ? Worth it ?

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'd say yeah. It's not drastically different or anything, but it's a bunch of little things that add up to make the theatrical cut more satisfying.

Brother Beck likes this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I just watched the director's cut for the first time today, and I would say that I think it elevates the film to masterpiece levels. It is a much richer and more meaningful experience. I think it is actually pretty miraculous that Mike Flanagan pulled off such a cohesive and satisfying story pulling from two such radically different ones with Kubrick's film and King's novel(s).

Syre Dream and Rowan5215 like this.
  24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

chewbacca110 and Rowan5215 like this.
  25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

the director's cut is absolutely incredible. unfortunately I think it's pretty targeted at people who have both read The Shining and seen the movie and wondered what a halfway point between the two would be like, which is a pretty small niche, so this movie was never going to do great business. that being said, giving Jack's fate in the book to Danny in Doctor Sleep makes me tear up every time I think about it - what an absolutely perfect ending

Brother Beck likes this.