Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Sleep (Mike Flanagan, November 8, 2019) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dinosaurs Dish, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

truly thought that was an incredible sequence

zachmacD and BackyardHero11 like this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, Ihe True Knot stuff was so well done and really intense at times. So creepy how they all lunge at Grandpa Flick's steam after he dies.

3. michael_gatto

Trusted

I went to Cinemark last night to see this and the theater told me their drive wouldn't download so they wouldn't be playing Doctor Sleep. They gave me a refund, a rain check for this and a free ticket last night of my choice. Hoping to have more luck this weekend.

4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Two people in the screening I was at walked out during that scene and didn't come back.

5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

honestly I get it. I thought it was really well done and super effective, but I also know some people just can't handle stuff with kids. everyone's got their limits.

6. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

It would have been a more understandable reaction had it happened at the beginning with Violet but by the time it happens with the baseball kid I was well and truly invested in the plot by that point, not a comfortable scene by any means but I guess you are right that people have their limits but I personally didn't find the scene to exploitative like it could have been in lesser hands.

7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

im a fan of Essoe and i completely forgot she was here. but her Wendy game is so on point.

i liked this a lot, super fun. i feel like this is what i would’ve liked Glass to be in terms of a grounded version of people with supernatural powers fighting each other.

makes me want to pick up the book. so many stuff i want to peel that i feel like the book would explain.

8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

and i feel like this is the first time i’ve ever seen villains use a motor home. normally villains have fancy cars, or big bikes. but nah, Doctor Sleep villains be practical with their convoy of motor homes

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Highly recommend reading it!

zigbigwig likes this.
  10. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I remember thinking the book was total meh, but maybe I was wrong

11. Syre Dream

Regular

Obviously Dr. John not playing a big role

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Oh that's right. Also Rose not having a large tooth in her mouth

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t seen this yet, just dropping in to say that anyone who still calls Henry Thomas Elliott needs to watch more Mike Flanagan stuff.

14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Lol THANK YOU!!!

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I loved everything about this. But the only thing that took me out of the experience was when a clip from The Shining was shown..

16. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

ahhhh but no clips were shown. It was all recreated ;)

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  17. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Wow, I had no idea what the running time was. I didn't look at my watch even once during the movie (a great sign) and when it was over, I was shocked by the time. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this.

Brother Beck, ghostedaway and Serh like this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

Getting married this Friday and decided to do a solo showing of this today at noon as a little break from hectic days leading up.

very excited.

TJ Wells, zigbigwig and xapplexpiex like this.
  19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Man this thing is TANKING.

20. Syre Dream

Regular

So sad this is tanking at the box office because its actually really good and I've already seen it twice. Maybe if it was released last week to go with Halloween it would of done better?

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, should have been released in October

22. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

the phenomenon of releasing thriller/horror films soon after Halloween is odd

23. drewinseries

Drew

Rebecca Ferguson is the prettiest.

stayillogical, zigbigwig and jkauf like this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

First and third acts are great. Kinda lost me in the middle just a tad, but yeah this was great. Everything involving the hotel was perfect.

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I checked over at boxofficemojo, but I'm not crazy about the new design of the site and I couldn't seem to find the budget of this... With the talk of this tanking badly, what kind of numbers were they expecting this to do?