Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Sleep (Mike Flanagan, November 8, 2019) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dinosaurs Dish, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

and no, i never read the book

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Incredible film and now my favourite horror film of the year, fifth place overall. Doctor Sleep > The Shining.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I understand that’s your opinion and I’m not going to tell you that you’re wrong but damn, dude, that’s one hell of a spicy take you got there.

4. secretsociety92

I don't hate The Shining and respect it plenty but I just have never been able to truly enjoy it.

Brother Beck likes this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That’s fair

secretsociety92 likes this.
  6. Syre Dream

Regular

Seeing this tomorrow, pretty stoked that it seems a lot of people are liking it.

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I personally am a fan of Kubrick, but I could easily see this same sentiment applying to basically his entire body of work.

8. secretsociety92

Well of the four I have seen from him; A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, 2001 and Full Metal Jacket only A Clockwork Orange is the one I genuinely liked and now thinking about it it's not entirely surprising I prefer a sequel to one of his films since I also prefer 2010 to 2001.

Brother Beck likes this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

[​IMG]

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

2010 over 2001? That's a wild take too.

DarkHotline and coleslawed like this.
  11. secretsociety92

Not trying to be controversial or to set myself apart from the general consensus, I just remembered when responding to Brother Beck that it isn't the first time a sequel to a Kubrick film has been more enjoyable for me.

riotspray likes this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

No, by all means. Enjoy what you enjoy. I can kind of understand it, just because 2001 isn't a "traditionally enjoyable" movie. Just never heard anyone have that opinion before.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  13. secretsociety92

I wish I wasn't one of the few to have such a view, being in the minority on loving a film especially over another film that is so highly regarded has sometimes meant people have accused me of being intentionally contrary to popular opinion.

riotspray likes this.
  14. Syre Dream

Regular

Just got back from this and holy crap its for sure my favorite horror film this year. Rebecca Ferguson as Rose the Hat, holy smokes she is fuckin great. The way they portray the True Knot is awesome

Brother Beck likes this.
  15. Syre Dream

Regular

I can see why King thinks this redeems the shining for him, and it should for book readers especially. Also that Jack casting was great lol

Brother Beck likes this.
  16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Gonna take an edible and go to a late screening tonight

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I thought this was awesome. I actually finished the book recently so it's all still pretty fresh in my head. Have to echo how great Rebecca Ferguson was. Entire cast really seemed to bring it. The changes they made for the film were definitely big ones and I did appreciate that one thing they used from The Shining (book).

Syre Dream likes this.
  18. Syre Dream

Regular

the big changes seemed to happen in the last 1/3 of the movie for the most part.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, the deaths of some characters. Was there anything else?

20. Midsommar is still my favorite horror of the year, but this isn't far behind. I wish I loved It Chapter Two this much.

21. DickyCullz

This was excellent

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. DickyCullz

Also the drugs kicked in right at the scene where Rose enters Abra’s mind. Perfect timing

23. DickyCullz

Woah Jack was played by Elliott from ET

Donnie Ruth and BackyardHero11 like this.
  24. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

i like how when that scene starts you’re not sure if the camera is gonna pan up or not as all you can see is the glass and his hands (and hear his voice of course)

Syre Dream likes this.
  25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yes! haha, the casting of "The Shining' characters was wild. especially Wendy, oh my god, there were times I was almost uncomfortable by how on point she was haha.

Really loved this film. everyone did such a good job. I was really curious when I read the book how it might visually translate, and I definitely feel that Flannigan cracked it. Also, really didn't expect them to go for it like they did with the baseball boy scene. terrifying.

zigbigwig likes this.