Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doctor Sleep (Mike Flanagan, November 8, 2019) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dinosaurs Dish, Jun 13, 2019.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Can’t be worse than IT 2, worst king movie I’ve seen. Looks interesting but I’m probably not seeing this in theaters

DarkHotline likes this.
  2. Syre Dream

Regular

cool?

Joe4th, coleslawed and Night Channels like this.
  3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

DarkHotline likes this.
  4. Night Channels

Trusted

1. What is the point of posting this?

2. You must not watch very many King adaptations if It 2 is the worst you’ve seen.

Syre Dream likes this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I like stephen king and wasn't aware of this book before so I commented about it in a thread that's.. about the movie. seems obvious but guess not lmao. "What's the point in posting this" replies never made sense to me.

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

The trailer has me interested in the movie but based off the trailer alone (as of now) it doesn't look like something I'd pay to go see in theaters but rather wait till the dvd comes out. Like if this was for The Stand I'd be there opening night. and yeah IT 2 is definitely the worst adaptation I've seen, garbage movie.

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Dog with a Blog

I’m sorry but twitter reactions mean nothing. I want it to be good, duh, but people on Twitter praise everything

DarkHotline, Dinosaurs Dish and Jacob like this.
  9. Syre Dream

Regular

Reviews are coming out, most of them seem favorable.

10. Syre Dream

Regular

Currently sitting at 77 on RT, and 7.9 on IMBD

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. michael_gatto

Trusted

I feel like this has a lot going for it. Flanagan is a great director. Ewan is amazing. Still cautious but I'm really hoping for this to be great.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

I really like Flanagan's take on horror. More excited for this than I was IT 2 TBH.

13. jbaseball44 Oct 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 30, 2019)
    jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Just got out of a screening, thought it was quite good. Does a really nice job merging King and Kubrick, a few really fantastic sequences too

I thought the scene where the True Knot torture and kill the boy baseball player as Abra watches on in her mind was really well done and unsettling. as was the scene where Rose tries to break into Abra's mind and she turns the tables. Rebecca Ferguson was pretty awesome overall as Rose.

14. jbaseball44

most of those twitter reactions are from professional critics that were embargoed on full reviews so that's all they could post, its wasn't just cherry picked Joe-shmoe's

Syre Dream likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

From what I’ve seen in the past, that doesn’t really matter.

16. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I liked it. A tad overwhelmed because of some filmmaking choices and alterations -- mainly changing or not including stuff I personally really loved in the book.

I have a feeling this will play better for fans of Kubrick's The Shining rather than fans of the book.

Without really spoiling anything, it makes amends for what Kubrick changed in the original Shining..

Syre Dream likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This movie is sounding pretty cool. I should probably actually watch The Shining one of these days lol. Never seen it, despite it being one of the most famous horror films of all time

zachmacD and 333 GANG like this.
  18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

imagine disliking one of the masters’ version of one of the best films ever

19. Syre Dream

Regular

20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I think it’s totally fair to not like The Shining- it’s a poor adaptation of the source material. It’s a masterfully made movie, but if you’re a fan of King and a fan of the book specifically, there is a lot to dislike about it outside of the actual craft of it. I like it much better considering it as a separate piece.

Also Kubrick being a big abusive dickwad to Shelly Duvall makes it hard for me, since that kind of behavior can’t really be divorced from how it informs the end product.

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  21. jbaseball44

the more I think about this the more I really enjoyed it, a tad uneven at points but loved the story and enjoyed all of the major performances

zachmacD likes this.
  22. Syre Dream

Regular

this is good to hear. I'm going on Thursday I think, so I'm excited

jbaseball44 likes this.
  23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I felt extremely blasé about the novel but the buzz this adaptation it’s getting (especially about Rose The Hat) has me feeling the opposite.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

seeing this in a half hour, expectations are quite tempered tbh

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was good stuff. doesn't quite validate it's two and a half hour length, but the last act was truly remarkable. as was rebecca ferguson in this, i seriously wouldn't have guessed she had it in her if i didn't hear praise for her performance beforehand. actress who plays abra is no slouch either

michael_gatto, Ed59_ and zachmacD like this.