Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Do you want children? Why or why not • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Yasqueen4, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Yasqueen4

Trusted

Now I'm very curious, but ok.

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I have a kid, but all the reasons I was on the fence about having one in the first place came true, so definitely not having any more. That said, he is the coolest thing and I wouldn't change anything.

summertimejesus and Yasqueen4 like this.
  3. Yasqueen4

Trusted

Welp.

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don’t think I do. I stress myself out enough, the idea of trying to raise someone in a fucked up world is too much for me to process right now.

5. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

6. Yasqueen4

Trusted

Ha not in the wrong way...just chuckled at the last part of the sentence and was thinking "true"

7. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Gotcha.. I essentially posted the same thing twice. First sentence was me being realistic, second was me being crude haha.

Yasqueen4 likes this.
  8. chris

Trusted Supporter

idk, I guess I probably do but I think I'd rather adopt.

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I think adoption is a v responsible choice. Not that having one yourself is irresponsible but since adoption is such a difficult process, you end up really knowing if you want that for yourself and if you're ready and you also don't contribute to growing population issues

10. I go to back and forth, but usually lean towards no. My biggest motive to have a kid would be to have someone young give a shit about my existence and/or well-being when I'm old. And I realize that's pretty fucking selfish even if I still had every intention of being the best parent I could be.

Also recently I was upstairs and my gf was downstairs on the couch scrolling through IG when a story of a loudly crying/whining baby came up. It lasted all of ten seconds or whatever but bugged the hell out of me. When it ended I felt a huge wave of relief followed by a thought of "omg what if that was just like, my life and I couldn't stop that by simply hitting a button?? Fuck" so yeah kids aren't looking too good for me as of now haha

summertimejesus and muttley like this.
  11. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

[​IMG]

?

(I'm getting a warning for this in 3... 2... 1... )

12. White

And to answer the OP: no, because kids are garbage. Why would anyone do that to themselves? The "wanting someone to look after me when I'm old" angle doesn't appeal either 'cause I don't plan on living past 50 anyway.

13. Man if I don't live long enough to demand a senior discount at multiple places that clearly would never offer a senior discount then I'm gonna be pissed

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

if i live that long i hope waffle house does senior discounts

Yasqueen4 and angrycandy like this.
  15. Can't wait to get a senior discount on my chorus dot fm supporter membership

16. Dog with a Blog

I can’t wait to be a father and if I have two boys I already have names picked out but my ex wanted to adopt and that would have been fine I just want kids :))))))))))))

17. White

I actually just remembered one reason I'd love to have kids: the sheer selfish joy of giving them stupid names.

I wanna name my son Marcus Jr. despite me not being named Marcus.

Or Homer Jr. The kids could call him HoJu.

BirdPerson likes this.
  18. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

If I do have one, I'm going to adopt. I have too much health nonsense in my family (mental issues, cancers, heart/blood issues) that I wouldn't want to pass them down. I know everyone has something like that, but my family seems to have a pretty shitty combo.

I would love to adopt a newborn (I. LOVE. BABIES.) and go from there, but I think I'd also be okay with a child.

I don't think I'd want to do it on my own, but if I ever find a partner, that might be a nice thing to do in the future.

Yasqueen4, iCarly Rae Jepsen and JM95 like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The only reason I would want my own biological kids would be so I get to name them, I love coming up with baby names, and what if the kid I decide to adopt had a mom who spelled Kelly or Carly with an I

20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i think the solution to your problem is hamsters ian

or fish or seamonkeys

Yasqueen4 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've considered getting a guinea pig but that's different Cam

electro haikus likes this.
  22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Yasqueen4 likes this.
  23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I used to be very unsure, but then a few years ago my aunt who I'm really close with (she's closer in age to me than my mom and the rest of her siblings) had a baby. I love my baby cousin so much and spending time with him has definitely made me want to be a mom someday.

24. Yasqueen4

Trusted

LOLLL

25. Yasqueen4

Trusted

summertimejesus likes this.