Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Do you miss AbsolutePunk at all? • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ItsAndrew, May 5, 2020.

1. I'm nostalgic for it since that site was impacted me so much - I mean I got a real job being the editor for it in LA haha

but chorus.fm is superior in design and culture

DaydreamNation, Jivin2709 and Mary V like this.
  2. bring back scene points

DaydreamNation and bobby_runs like this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ken likes this.
  4. we absolutely had a ton of influence - all the bands that P4K, Stereogum, MTVNews, Billboard started to cover we had been covering for plenty of years already.

we broke so many artists.

no website has any influence anymore tbh

5. real ones remember when Brazil broke our site

6. the Keith Buckley columns are my pride and joy - I probably still have those emails in my inbox and could repost them here

allastud likes this.
  7. -ACA

Nick, supernovagirl, OotyPa and 13 others like this.
  8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I wasn't on AP so I just checked no because there's nothing for me to miss

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol jesus fuck this guy

DaydreamNation, Ken and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

that's our appleby!

Sean Murphy and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. That would make my week if you did that!!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yall are why ill never actually leave

that and the no willpower

Ken likes this.
  13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

14. only a few people know about what went on behind the scenes and Jappleby is not one of those people who know lol

15. here's a taste lol

Dear Dr. Keith,

I've had a beard since I was 17, I'm 30 now so it's been a long glorious relationship, however, I've never grown it past maybe an inch or so but my wife is 4 months pregnant and a friend(also bearded) recently challenged me to not shave my bears until the baby comes which is in November. I agreed, as is required by beard code, but in the mean time its incredibly itchy and irritating. I need your help! I won't shave but I need some beardly advice.

Keith: When my beard gets too irritating I just remind her that I could probably find a million other female prostitutes who would kill to help me hide my true sexuality by accompanying me to fancy public events. That usually shuts her down quick.

16. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

the most surprising comment here

you're old

how did you find this site

i have so many questions

Wharf Rat and Tim like this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I didn't post a lot on AP, mostly lurked, but the only thing I miss is the quality of music discussion. it was mean sometimes, but it didn't really bother me bc I'd been on forums since I was like 13 and really just thought that's how the internet was. every music thread is a variation of "I like this" "I don't" no elaboration on either side and then rankings forever if you want it to be active for more than a month. I also kind of miss user reviews sometimes but that's just an extension of the above.

everything else about chorus is way better though, and even the specific thing I miss has less to do with the specific website and more w the people posting so w/e

18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Only thing I miss is the amount of news that got posted to the homepage. Led to a lot of shitposting but sometimes it was fun to join in.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

'wHy iS tHiS nEwS??'

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I knew about AP, everyone did, but I didn't participate in the forums at all. Just looked at it for news lol. It was just one of the sources I got music news from. One day I went to check the news feed and got redirected here. Don't know what made me decide to make an account here and join the forums tbh.

21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I don't know why but I just assumed you were an OG

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

10 "first"s in a thread

23. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I rarely even go to the music forum on here lol

24. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Yes and no. Chorus is undoubtedly a friendlier environment, and the site design is so much better (remember the AP search function?)

But sometimes I kinda miss the chaos of AP. And it was far more deeply integrated into the music scene, which I liked.