Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Do You Believe In: God? (3) • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, Jun 13, 2020.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money.

jorbjorb and Ken like this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing.

jorbjorb and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

naw

[​IMG]

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yes.

Even when I wasn't religious/spiritual I still believed in a higher power.

5. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I don’t believe in god but it blows my mind thinking of what could’ve existed before the big bang

it’s either something incomprehensible or nothing. Which is still incomprehensible

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

should clarify that this was a bit, i don't actually say this lol

7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I think more people have voted in this poll than any I've ever done tbh

justin. likes this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The existence of God is a hot topic. Almost every civilization in the planet’s history has either felt they solved it or attempted to.

angrycandy likes this.
  9. angrycandy

word

10. angrycandy

I knew it would be a hot button issue

11. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll see you all in hell

12. DaveyA89

I’m between the maybe and yes options. I have been raised in, continue to attend and may even one day work more formally in the Uniting Church of Australia. It’s given me a strong passion for social justice as well as some helpful spiritual frameworks and values. I stay faithful to those beliefs because they are part of my family’s story, and I have felt no need to separate myself from them. Having said that, I am far from literalist and entirely open to the idea that God(s) may just be human constructs - helpful for some, not for all.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

astrology
    witchcraft
    soulmates/love at first sight

14. angrycandy

thank you

those will all work just fine

15. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

idk I sort of see it as a necessary concept. maybe the word has been bastardized beyond usefulness though (for example I see in here a lot of people think of it as some being that is capable of good and evil, which doesn't make sense). the more I studied physics in college the more weird everything gets too. I definitely think modern religion is the wrong way to approach understanding the universe but I think that's kind of been known lol.

16. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

the whole god is dead thing that people took and ran with without much consideration at this point is industrial revolution left overs. mechanical philosophy is dead.

key words "at this point" I think the point being made there was very important for it's time.

17. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

I went to Catholic school for a lot of years and my mom's side of the family is full of Christian fundamentalists so I was raised to beleive that being religious was some really important shit. I rolled w it pretty much until I tried reading the Bible for myself when I was like 13. And maybe I pretended to believe in God for like a year after that lol haven't looked back since. Idk I still remember reading the old testament and thinking Satan seemed like the good guy.

Honestly I am like 90% atheist and 10% agnostic. We don't know everything about the universe yet but I'm not gonna just sit here and consider whether there's a god when there's not a shred of evidence to suggest it's even a possibility. Im not trying to be the edgy atheist but i can't see how the concept of god at least in the abrahamic sense was invented for any other purpose then to make ppl abandon critical thinking and stop questioning authority.

jkauf, supernovagirl and Jake W like this.
  18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I wonder if God believes in me

19. angrycandy

[​IMG]

Ken and supernovagirl like this.
  20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

this is the part where I quote bring me the horizon and y’all pretend to get the reference

21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

the only conception of "God" that even somewhat makes sense to me is the God in process theology. but it's still weird

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

yes i believe in me

jorbjorb likes this.
  23. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'm coming around to believing, after many years of not caring

24. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I don't believe in god, but i believe there is some sort of consciousness after death.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

NOPE