Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Do Division Festival + Wicker Park Festival Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 10, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

There are a lot of street festivals in Chicago but these are two that have been going strong for many years, so I thought I would make a general thread for both to discuss and speculate the lineups each year.

2. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Big fan of both of these, always a fun time for a great price!

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Me too. The lineups are always really solid and you get to either see bands for way cheaper than normal or bands before they really blow up (i.e. Snail Mail last year). It's really cool.

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Speaking of...

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Russian Circles? I might make my triumphant return to Do Division after a few years off.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  6. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Damn I just realized that I'm a dumb dummy because I totally didn't pay attention to Snail Mail last year.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She's so good. Got to see her at Schubas and then a few months later she sold out SubT and then played Wicker Park fest a few months later before really blowing up. It was awesome to see her blow up so fast.

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Well this seems disappointing at first (to me).

[​IMG]

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

kpatrickwood likes this.
  11. kpatrickwood likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Archers of Loaf are playing an aftershow that Saturday at SubT. Ratboys was originally opening when they were gonna have it last yet but idk if they’re still opening.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone going today? I’m at my friends house in the suburbs but looks like I will be back in time to catch Slow Mass and Archers of Loaf. I don’t know AOL that well but one of my music buddies told me they’re worth seeing.

14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Smoking Popes would be fun to see today, but I don’t think I’m gonna make it.

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve honestly never listened to them before but since I’m here I’m going to check them out! All I know about them is they’re a pop punk band from here.

Daniel182 likes this.
  16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

They have some really catchy stuff. I’m not a huge fan, but I always enjoy seeing them live.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  17. If anyone (like me) missed Smoking Popes last weekend, they're also playing the Skokie Backlot Bash in August, with The Verve Pipe.

Skokie's Backlot Bash

Daniel182 likes this.
  18. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I used to live in Skokie up until 3 years ago, those events are always fun.

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

20. I'll hopefully be at Cheekface on Friday, Lightleak / Caracara / Laura Stevenson on Saturday, maybe Nnamdi on Sunday if I feel like heading over there after band practice.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m going to my family lake house the weekend this (Wicker Park Fest) is happening, but I might hit up Cherry Glazerr when I get back on Sunday.