Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disney • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jan 16, 2019.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

WandaVision is the worst name for a tv show ever.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Disney + releases Nov 12th.
    $7 monthly/$70 yearly

Raku likes this.
  4. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Dear Mickey, Count Me In

Raku likes this.
  5. Great price

Raku and Dodger like this.
  6. This is gonna fucking rule - what an initial lineup

Raku, coleslawed, jkauf and 1 other person like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Love that price point. Won't feel so bad cancelling Netflix.

Raku and jkauf like this.
  8. Super surprised at $7 per month and it’s got every season of the Simpsons. Fuck

Raku likes this.
  9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

$7 a month for that amount of content is a true steal, talk about undercutting your competition

Raku likes this.
  10. Yeeeah I mean having 2 kids that want to watch Disney movies, this is a no brainer for me

Raku, coleslawed and DarkHotline like this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Being able to watch all of the Star Wars films, all of the marvel films, AND a goofy movie is worthy of $7 a month

12. Raku likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

They also have a controlling interest in Hulu too, wonder what they’re gonna do with it.

Raku and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. DarkHotline

I think it’s perfect as a parent. Now I have one place to watch all things I want to with my daughter.

Raku likes this.
  15. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Hulu has been pushing their live tv service recently, wouldn’t surprise me if that becomes the main focus with Disney+’s launch

Raku likes this.
  16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I can see them keeping both at their current lower pricepoints to encourage people to keep both and abandon the pricier Netflix. at least I hope.

Raku likes this.
  17. DarkHotline

Like I can totally see a package deal coming out of it, like both for $14

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Please and thank you

Raku and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

First 30 seasons of the Simpsons will be available day one. FUUUUUUUCK YEAH.

20. jjnunn118

The more I think about this the more excited I get!

That What If series might be the most intriguing thing to me, so many possibilities with it

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  21. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Catching up on all the new and announcements, but I'm pretty stoked by everything I've seen so far. That price poiint, especially.

Raku likes this.
  22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Disney + sounds pretty perfect

Raku likes this.
  23. jjnunn118

Feel like it’s getting lost in all the announcements, but the Lady & The Tramp remake being an ACTUAL live action talking dog throwback (ala Homeward Bound and The Shaggy Dog) voiced by Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux is insanely exciting

supernovagirl and coleslawed like this.
  24. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

More importantly LIZZIE MCGUIRE!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Raku, supernovagirl and GrantCloud like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

so this is the rundown of new content so far.

-Star Wars: The Clone Wars new season (exclusive to this service).
    -Marvel movies, starting with 2019's Captain Marvel.
    -Star Wars films, starting with 2019's Episode 9.
    -Pixar films, starting with 2019's Toy Story 4.
    -A live-action, big-budget Star Wars TV series called The Mandalorian, being developed by Jon Favreau.
    -A Star Wars Rogue One prequel TV series, starring Diego Luna.
    -A live-action Marvel series focused on Avengers character Loki, starring Tom Hiddleston.
    -A Marvel series featuring Scarlet Witch, played by Elizabeth Olsen
    -A Marvel limited series focused on Hawkeye, featuring Jeremy Renner
    -Possible Marvel series that would team up Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Sam Wilson, aka Falcon (Anthony Mackie), according to Slashfilm.
    -A possible What If-themed Marvel series that would imagine what the Marvel Cinematic Universe would look like if different events took place. According to a Slashfilm report, the series would be overseen by MCU head Kevin Feige and would be an animated anthology show. An episode example would reportedly feature how the Marvel timeline would unfold if Loki found Thor's hammer.
    -Marvel's Hero Project, a documentary series featuring the positive changes several young people are making in their own communities.
    -Marvel's 616 (working title), a documentary series exploring the intersection between Marvel's stories and the real world.
    -An animated series spinoff of Pixar's Monsters, Inc called Monsters at Work.
    -A series adapted from Disney movie Escape to Witch Mountain
    -A 10-episode series, Diary of a Female President, about a 12-year-old Cuban-American girl.
    -A documentary about Walt Disney Imagineering.
    -A Timmy Failure film directed by Spotlight's Tom McCarthy.
    -A live-action Lady and the Tramp remake.
    -A Sword in the Stone remake.
    -Noelle, a movie starring Anna Kendrick.
    -Togo, a sled dog movie starring Willem Dafoe.
    -A Three Men and a Baby remake.
    -The Paper Magician film.
    -A Stargirl film.
    -A High School Musical series.
    -Encore!, a reality show that reunites former castmates of a high school musical to re-creating their original performances of productions like The Sound of Music, Beauty and the Beast and Annie.
    -A possible Muppets series.
    -Earthkeepers (working title), a cinematic documentary series the animal kingdom and people working to protect endangered species.
    -Be Our Guest, a Disney-inspired cooking competition at Walt Disney World.
    -Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title), an eight-episode series revisiting beloved films through their props and costumes. Films featured include Tron, Mary Poppins, The Muppet Movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
    -(Re)Connect, a reality program that explores divisions in individual families and their journeys with a specialized expert to confront their dilemmas.
    -Rogue Trip, a travel guide to misunderstood and overlooked corners of the world.
    -Shop Class (working title), a competition among students designing and testing new contraptions.