Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disney Moving From Netflix to Own Streaming Service • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

by nature i'm skeptical, but this could be cool. if this could mean that, like a facebook live video, you could watch shows live with your friends and like you would comment on a live video, chat about it in real time as its happening rather than have to get your phone out or go to another tab, this could be cool.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

hasnt amazon won the rights to like 8 thursday night footbal games this season? they out bid twitter who had it in the 15/16 and 16/17 seasons

it was something like a $2-3 billion deal

3. Yep, Thursday night football I believe.

fenway89 likes this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't understand this being fun, like when AMC says to get out your tablet for a second screen viewing experience or whatever. Like, I just want to watch the show. I don't know why people want to try to do so many things at once now. But I'm old and cranky lol.

Raku likes this.
  5. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I don't get it with like a scripted programme, but it's pretty fun with sport. I don't know if it still does it, but on the Xbox version of Sky Go you could party up and watch TV together on it. Myself and my friend sat watching a football match and chattering over the headsets as we did.

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah i think the interactive viewing experience is becoming more and more of a trend, i don't personally mind it as long as i can mute or it hide it if i want to. i lost count of the amount of times id grab my phone while watching an episode of GoT to text someone about it who i know is also watching.

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ah yeah sports I wouldn't mind it as much.

8. Raku

Regular

To be fair, they aren't the first.

Warner Brothers is doing the same thing with their DC content. Early next year they're launching their own streaming service with the third season of Young Justice, and the live action Teen Titans show that TNT passed on, along with other unannounced content appearing on that service.

9. zachmacD

Trusted

We can agree to disagree for now and see what happens. IMO, I think getting outdoors and going after experiences is just going to get more and more popular going forward with less people sitting around watching bullshit tv so I just don't see that happening

10. fenway89 likes this.