Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disney’s Splash Mountain Being Reimagined • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 25, 2020.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I just read over his posts and his contention was that the Princess and the Frog wouldn't fit the theme of the area. No where did he advocate for keeping a "theme from a racist ass movie".

If the guy doesn't think the new theme will fit in the park, what is the harm? He's not advocating for NO change to the ride. Jesus Christ put down the pitchfork.

zachmacD and VivaLaPopPunk like this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

They’re both from movies set in the South so what’s the difference really?

3. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I don't know, but to him there is a difference aesthetically. He's obviously spent a lot of time there and has seen the Princess and the Frog, and so he's formed an opinion about the decision. It's so completely harmless to say what he said I can't believe anyone took him to task for it.

zachmacD and VivaLaPopPunk like this.
  4. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

Thank you, someone else gets it as well. Some people just love conflict and to vehemently judge other whilst insinuating falsities.

5. DarkHotline

After a quick block, this thread and site became much better.

6. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

They're both from the south but the timeline/theme does not mesh together. One final time in hopes your frontal lobe in your head comprehends it.

Frontierland- 1790-1880 and is country themed.
    Princess and the Frog- 1920s Jazz age.

Go look at the architecture of the current attractions and then the concept art for the renovation of Splash Mountain. It's not uniform.

Geeze.. I've had enough of your malodorous insinuations towards me, when none of what you're trying to imply is true.

7. DarkHotline

It’s not really harmless considering the very nature of Splash Mountain’s theme and that it’s being replaced by a theme from a movie that has a black woman as the main character and features a predominantly black cast. The optics on that are very poor regardless on how he feels about it and that’s been my point all along. He may not means any harm (maybe) by it but it’s a very poor look on him to disagree with the decision and to make excuses for it. With that, I’m out because I honestly don’t know how else to convey that point any further.

Crisp X likes this.
  8. :crylaugh: this is still going huh

ComedownMachine likes this.
  9. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

Nope, like I said, I've had enough of the malodorous insinuations towards me from you and Mr. Hotline, when none of what you're trying to imply is true.

Good day to you, sir.