Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disney’s Splash Mountain Being Reimagined • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 25, 2020.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

You are literally dying on the dumbest hill RN

2. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

oh fuck frontier land is ruined

3. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

Caviling really runs rampant around these parts when there's a differentiation of tenets, huh?

4. DarkHotline

Nah, it’s just that the lot of you share the same bad opinions

5. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

There are many non pop punk fans who are true Disney fans who share the same opinion as me. Look around non music websites and you'll find them; Fans who have gone to WDW numerous times share the same sentiment on how it simply takes away from the ambiance of the land. I did not/am not denying how awful the movie is, but that doesn't seem to connect with anyone's synanpses and dendrites around here. They could've done numerous things to keep it uniform instead of mixing 1790s country and 1920s jazz. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your statement is the true definition of caviling.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  6. DarkHotline

Right, you are aware you’re getting big mad about the theme of a ride being changed from one using characters from a film Disney refuses to distribute in the States because of its gross racism, no? Also, do you realize how everyone else is looking at you wanting to keep this gross element of Disney history alive via a ride? Like nice big fancy word there but let’s be real, there is no true reason to hand wring and opine about Splash Mountain when you reflect of its troublesome nature, unless you don’t care and it fits your views in some way. It’s 2020, let’s be better.

Toner and Crisp X like this.
  7. Synanpses and Dendrites is the name of my future neon pop punk revival band

8. zachmacD Jun 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Maybe I'm wrong but i don't think vivalapoppunk is mad that they’re changing the theme from that of a racist movie. He's upset that they are changing it to a theme that doesn't, in his mind, fit the rest of the land. If they were changing it to something else that fit within the frontier theme, he wouldn't care. At least that's my assumption and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Also, insinuating that he doesn't want the theme to be changed to "the princess and the frog' because it's about a black princess was completely uncalled for. He can be sad about Disney changing the theme of a ride that he's ridden since childhood and at the same time, not be a racist. Unless you look up the movie that the ride is based on, you'd never know it's racist.

Personally, I do think it's cool that they are changing it from a racist movie to a movie about a person of color. I hadn't thought of that until someone brought it up and rides get updated all the time.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

'Frontier Land', based on the American Frontier, isn't just the 'wild west', it's the expansion west, including the Louisiana Purchase, which would include the 'bayou' and 'critter country' setting that the existing splash mountain centers itself around. Changing it to a New Orleans/Mardi Gras theme will not be as much of a stretch or detriment to the land's theme as you're imagining it will.

DarkHotline, zachmacD and St. Nate like this.
  10. zachmacD

Trusted

where have you been? We needed you like 2 pages ago lol

Sean Murphy likes this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure about that. They literally re-released it in 1986 to promote the ride. It's insane.

DarkHotline likes this.
  12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

a ride about a movie that takes place in Antebellum era Georgia does not actually fit into the American frontier either.

DarkHotline likes this.
  13. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

Thank you! That is my exact reasoning and point I was making. At least someone else gets it around this site. I don't know how much clearer I could have gotten, despite saying it time and time again.

14. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

I'm not angry. I'd just wish they would've kept a uniform country themed within the land. Once again, I'm not supporting the film. I never have, and never will. You're surmising that I'm angry, which is just more caviling. At least someone else understood around here understood my point of view.

15. DarkHotline

An observation but people care way too much about an amusement park with Disneyland, it’s just a theme park designed to get money out of you. The idea that a redesign would like ruin that experience and to be upset about it hilarious.

16. DarkHotline

It’s just a theme park, dude, grow up. You’re an adult now.

17. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

You're right, I am an adult now, Walt Disney World are memories though from family vacations that don't happen anymore. Telling me to grow up; however, I wasn't the one unequivocally attacking someone and caviling based on an opinion. Perhaps you should be taking your own advice.

18. DarkHotline

[IMG]

Keep being a big boy and hand wring over a racist ride theme, I guess.

alina likes this.
  19. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Why does it bother you so much that he feels this way about his own personal connection with the place? Why do you care?

VivaLaPopPunk likes this.
  20. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

Perhaps you and someone else here should stop vehemently trying to opaquely insinuate something false about me this entire time?..

21. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

Apparently this person enjoys conflict and enjoys being caviling.

22. DarkHotline

Because we shouldn’t be upholding a shitty legacy of keeping a ride based on Song of the South, period. Like if your argument is that your memories are tied to it or it doesn’t fit a park section theme, then your argument never held weight to begin with and you’re just being obtuse or there’s some ulterior motive at play. I honestly don’t care how I come off saying that, it’s time to let it go and move forward.

23. DarkHotline

I had no idea I was arguing with a sentient thesaurus, what a world.

24. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

Am I supposed to apologize for my vocabulary in which I use? I never considered this an argument. I was thinking of this as a debate. The fact that you felt this is an argument says more about you and I feel sorry for you.

25. DarkHotline

Debate what? That you wanna keep the theme of a ride that’s from a racist ass movie that Disney hides in shame? Imagine what that says about yourself.