Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disenchantment (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by recall reality, May 22, 2018.

1. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

You see Fry, Bender and the Professor in the time machine from The Late Philip J. Fry when Luci is showing the king the past with the orb.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Ok this is finally enjoyable once the filler episodes kick in

coleslawed likes this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finished today and it starts off really weak (I'm honestly not sure if I actually laughed at any jokes until at least E5 or so) but it really picks up in the last 3 episodes, I hope the rest of the series is more like that. Animation is beautiful and the cast is great so I'll definitely watch the next season but the start was super rough

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

First episode didn’t do it for me and this huge bloodletting subplot in episode two is almost unwatchable. Really want to like this too so I’m definitely bummed.

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Didn't sign up for this feels trip on the last few episodes.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is fine. I can't believe how hard I laughed at the joke where he threatens anyone who looks at his daughter.

flask likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This is actually what I tell everyone. I think the show really picks up halfway through and then the final 3 are in an entirely different league

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t know if 5/8 is an acceptable timeline to have to commit to a show before it gets good. I’ll probably finish it but that’s disappointing given who is involved. They should have come out of the gate great.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Definitely can echo sentiments of a weak opening though. The visual gags throughout the show may have actually been some of the funniest moments - like the gnome showboating with his swords and then getting stomped down. most of it is pretty predictable but I still got a good laugh.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

It isn't terribly uncommon for a TV show to have a poor first season before it finds itself. Take Parks and Rec, for example. That entire first season was bad haha

I've heard the same about Bojack Horseman, too, but I never really got into that show.

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Thats a given for almost all shows I think. The first season of The Office is actual garbage.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I guess I consider growing the beard to be a little different than something like a Netflix show. Parks and Rec and The Office did some MAJOR rework between seasons and they’re almost different shows. Something like this I don’t see that happening for.

13. RyanPm40

Well, Bojack is a Netflix show, too :P. But again, having not seen it, I'm not quite sure what they tweaked in S2 that made fans jump on it more. I just know that I gave up on it after ep1 out of boredom for the same reason we're talking about now, actually, but now all my friends keep telling me to get back on it.

But yeah idk, I think since Disenchantment already does get much better towards the end, I'm excited that season 2 will improve, and when coupled with valid criticism from reviews, Groening's team will want to keep that into consideration so they can keep making more seasons. Or it could completely suck lol, who knows!

14. RyanPm40

Lol I actually love season 1 of the office, one of my favorites. The pilot was great from the beginning with the jello stapler prank. Although I am aware it's pretty much a rehash of the UK version

S1 The Office > S1 P&R

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

I just hate Michael so much in season 1.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

Haha this is very valid, I won't argue there are definitely times where I feel really uncomfortable with some of the things he says and does. He was totally more of an asshole in that season

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t consider Bojack to be in the same realm. It got better as it went on for sure but the first season did a great job setting up the tone and characters from episode one. Parks and Rec can honestly be started from season two since there’s so much done away with.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I liked the "going on quests" parts of the last few eps. I'd like it if the next season was more adventure based and going out to wacky places to find things/people every week. Kinda like Futurama doing deliveries to different planets.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is what I thought the show was gonna be in the first place. If they go this route I think it will get a lot better

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I dunno, BM and Disenchantment are honestly both their own things.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. sawhney[rusted]2

I was talking more quality level, more than the style/content. It’s amazing watching how much more fleshed out and stylistically focused it is compared to Disenchantment. With Groenig at the helm it should be just as intricate

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

In other words, it’s never gonna realistically compete.

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I feel you on that, the quality of BM is vastly better. Too bad they don’t write for this show.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.