Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disclosure Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by marceting, May 5, 2016.

1. marceting

Trusted

(Pretending to be Melody Bot) Disclosure are an English electronic music duo consisting of brothers Howard (born 11 May 1994) and Guy Lawrence (born 25 May 1991).Their debut studio album, Settle, released on 3 June 2013 through PMR, was nominated for Best Dance/Electronica Album at the 2014 Grammy Awards. They recently released a second studio album, Caracal on 25 September 2015 which was also nominated for Best Dance/Electronica Album at the 2016 Grammy Awards.

2. marceting

Trusted

I'll get this started. Settle is in my top 3 dance albums of all time. I'll even go as far as to say January is their most underrated song. What a groove.

3. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah Settle is an excellent dance album and I agree January is definitely underrated. One of the best tracks on there and same with Help Me Lose My Mind.

If only Caracal was just as good. It's got some great tracks, but overall falls short.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new EP is coming in the next few weeks. Two new songs:

5. marceting

Trusted

"Boss" is pretty awesome. Still not the standard I expect from these two but a step in the right direction after Caracal. Just revisited it - I haven't listened in months. No replay ability and only a handful of stand out tracks.

6. irthesteve

not really into either of those two songs honestly

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Wonder if this EP will be good

8. Gooddayz

always and forever

I'm diggin Feel Like I do

9. marceting

Trusted

The EP comes out tonight right? I'm excited.

10. marceting

Trusted

The EP is out, at least on the East Coast. 3 songs, still only like Boss.

Sigh.

11. marceting

Trusted

They had a fun set at Lollapalooza this past weekend - I would recommend seeing them.

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Was rather bummed their Osheaga set was cancelled

13. marceting

Trusted

What happened?

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Delayed then cancelled flight from Chicago. Same happened with Frightened Rabbit the day before. The cost of two major festivals taking place the same weekend with so many overlapping artists.

15. irthesteve

16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Would love to see them ditch boring pop music and start putting out songs in the vein of their DJ sets under a different alias or something, good producers with great taste but it was utterly wasted on Caracal

brandon_260 likes this.
  17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Caracal is one of the most boring albums of the decade tbh!! Magnets and Superego jam at least.

18. irthesteve

Yeah, I still love Magnets... but that's about all I remember

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I assume that could have been label pressure to go the pop-oriented route with Caracal, considering the stars they had on it, so it'll be interesting to see where they go on their next one

20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

"Coachellectronic"

21. cherrywaves Feb 8, 2017
    (Last edited: May 16, 2018)
    cherrywaves

Trusted

Settle is very near and dear to me, and makes me feel sentimental for different reasons. Caracal was so boring

Ferrari333SP and marceting like this.
  22. irthesteve

new single out soon. "Ultimatum" ft. Fatoumata Diawara

Ferrari333SP, skogsraet and marceting like this.
  23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

oh no

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This band had THE weirdest arc up until this point. "Latch" was a "song of the summer" for like two different summers. Settle had massive mainstream, indie, and critical appeal all at once. Caracal comes out with a whimper and then they pretty much disappear unceremoniously.

Curious to see what happens here.

EDIT: Just peeped that Settle tracklist again. GOD DAMN what an album this is.

marceting likes this.
  25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

lol they were so much better before Settle came out