Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disc Golf • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Micah511, May 8, 2018.

1. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

yes i did! ended up buying a discraft starter set that came with a bag to go along with a buzzz i've had for years. i can tell the new discs i got are significantly worse quality than the buzzz, so i think there will be some upgrades in my future.

i've been to four courses and having a lot of fun! such a great quarantine activity.

Ben and Micah511 like this.
  2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

That's awesome! Your buzzz must be either esp or z? starter sets are usually cheaper base plastics like pro d or x, which works well for putters but can really beat up quickly when throwing the mids and drivers.

3. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

i believe it's the big z buzzz. mine is more blue-ish than the one at that link though. i had the hardest time looking it up because there's no labeling. just the big decal of the bee.

4. Micah511

yeah that makes sense. learning all the different types of plastics is super intimidating with all the different brands, its wild. I went waaaaaaay into the rabbit hole when i first started so I learned what most of the popular discs numbers were, what flight pattern they were supposed to have, and tried to learn about all the different plastic types.

EddieDS likes this.
  5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Thinking about entering a doubles tournament with my buddy next month. We’re definitely not good enough to actually compete, but neither of us have done it before and i think it’s be a blast.

Micah511 likes this.
  6. Micah511

doubles tournaments are the perfect intro to tournaments. they arent PDGA sanctioned so they're pretty relaxed and fun. go for it!

Ben likes this.
  7. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I did a tournament back in February, and it is both super fun and nerve-wracking at the same time. Ultimately, its as fun as you make it...I did really well in Round 1 and was in like 3rd place in my divison, then that got in my head and took some triple bogeys in Round 2.

If you go in there to have fun and see what competition is like, you'll have a good time

Ben likes this.
  8. Micah511

I don't know if everyone in here follows the pro scene, but if you don't this is a fantastic round that will get you hooked. A tough wooded course, a great battle, and the highest payout in disc golf history ($20,000 to the winner).

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Jomez is probably my most watched youtube channel over the past six months.

preppyak likes this.
  10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone have a fave pro? I always pull for Eagle but honestly most of the top level players are pretty damn likable. Haley King is prolly my fave FPO player because she’s from Wisconsin, so I was hype to see her win last weekend.

11. Micah511

I love the energy Kevin Jones brings to disc golf. I really think he can be a great ambassador for the sport with his enthusiasm, and his background of being a former collegiate athlete. I like Dickerson a lot too. I've found myself rooting for Uli and Jerm as well, especially since watching their practice rounds/listening to their commentary. I'll root for Nate Sexton too if he's playing.

Ben likes this.
  12. Micah511

I also root for my fellow lefties. Zach Melton, Brian Earhart, Reid Frescura, and Chris Clemons. Especially ones with sick forehands, since I aspire to as proficient forehand and backhand.

Ben likes this.
  13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

KJ is so dope. That ace he had in the skins match a few weeks back, that was fucking incredible.

Micah511 likes this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Also, Jon from Foxing!!

Micah511 and EddieDS like this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

I play ultimate. Disc golf looks unreal though.

16. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Ben likes this.
  17. Micah511

anyone still getting out there and playing? I treated myself to a Pound bag not too long ago. They are pricey but I think it's worth it. Carries a ton of stuff and is still really comfortable.

18. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

played Cape Henlopen State Park In Delaware today. It’s really cool. In the dunes.
    D45BFE19-BEF3-4601-935D-DE25E54BB3EE.jpeg

EddieDS likes this.
  19. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

Holy shit, that’s so awesome! I recently started dyeing discs too. I want to get a Foxing stamped disc so bad!

Ben likes this.
  20. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

5737E0E4-E384-46EE-BC06-C6FC874D4BB3.jpeg

Friendjamin likes this.
  21. Micah511

Y'all been playing much recently? I moved to Birmingham, AL over the summer and the courses here rule. There's like, 5-6 good courses in a 30 minute radius. A lot more elevation and woods than I played previously. My Electron Firm Envy has been a workhorse for those wooded straight tunnel gaps.

Friendjamin likes this.
  22. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

I’ve got a decent amount of courses around me too. I play 1-2x a week. With climate change it’s still been like 60 degrees in KS and nice to play. Although yesterday wasn’t good conditions. Me and a friend tried to play and the wind was 40mph. We got through 9 holes and peaced out because it was getting freezing and my friend threw his disc in the pond.

23. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Got my first ace today!

B9DBE16C-C125-4C13-B120-16D22DBA1418.jpeg

EddieDS, Friendjamin and Micah511 like this.
  24. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

Nice!

25. Micah511

How we doing disc golf fam? I recently went and spectated Worlds in Vermont. Unreal experience for my first time seeing pros throw in person, and to see that piece of property. Definitely a disc golf mecca.