Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disc Golf

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Micah511, May 8, 2018.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Jumping out an a limb here, but does anyone else here play? I started about two years ago and have been borderline obsessed since.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Never have played, but that video is pretty insane. Looks fun.

3. Micah511

It's really a blast. It's a lot cheaper than golf to get started, and most places to play are free. It also doesn't have as steep of a learning curve either.

oldjersey likes this.
  4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Love disc golf. I haven't played in a long time, but I still have my bag in my trunk haha

Micah511 likes this.
  5. Micah511

Get out there and play soon! The weather is starting to get nice finally. I shot my best round ever yesterday.

6. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Just bought a bunch of gear. My friends and I are about to get into this.

7. Micah511

Awesome! I still play at least once a week.

8. wordzanddreamz

Yeah as a dad my biggest problem is going to find time. But I'm sure I'll manage.

9. Micah511

Did you end up getting out and playing?

10. wordzanddreamz

Yeah I’ve actually played 3 times already and my friends and I are playing Saturday morning as well.

11. wordzanddreamz

Pretty much solidified playing 1-2 times a week. Friends and I are driving to the #1 ranked course in Maryland tomorrow. Stoked

12. Micah511

thats awesome. Im playing in a doubles tournament in south alabama saturday. probably gonna be 100 degrees, but should be a good time.

13. Micah511

tournament went well. we played pretty good until it started raining. i couldnt grip anything outside of my putters. I think Im going to get a set of discraft discs all in their jawbreaker plastic in case i have to play through the rain in a tourney again.

14. wordzanddreamz

I've been going ham on discs. I love the Avenger SS and Comet. Star Destroyers. Man I love this hobby.

15. Micah511

Comets are cool, I never clicked with them, but my buddy I play with all the time throws some awesome lines with them. I have a big ol' stack of Star Destroyers. Definitely my favorite distance driver.

16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

surprised that a thread popped up when i searched tbh. i've gotten huge into it this year. started a new job last fall and a lot of my coworkers are super into it. i started off this summer as a super casual player and now i watch youtube videos every day and am constantly tempted to go out and buy new discs lol.

17. Micah511

Yes! One. Of. Us! Welcome dude. Bad news though, I’ve been playing for 4 years and still want to buy all the discs and watch all the YouTube videos, haha.

Ben likes this.
  18. wordzanddreamz

these all came in the mail yesterday haha

2C387E39-9830-4183-AAF3-393753C0D7BA.jpeg

Ben likes this.
  19. wordzanddreamz

Noticed my last post was more than a year ago. A lot has changed since then. I throw exclusively discraft now except for my one Hannah leatherman leopard3. Can’t throw a comet anymore because my arm speed has gotten so much faster. Still play 2-3 every week

Ben likes this.
  20. Micah511

Nice. I’m throwing all trilogy currently. Those Lunas look nice.

21. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Course I played yesterday and am playing again today, called Wildcat Bluffs in Iowa. Thing is insanely wooded with some cool elevation changes

wordzanddreamz and Ben like this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

These four discs have been my mainstays all year.

38E67A2E-7CAF-4A06-BBA3-247F92030B29.jpeg

Micah511 likes this.
  23. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

can anyone recommend a starter set? or i guess few must have discs for a beginner

24. wordzanddreamz

I can’t recommend the Leopard3 enough as a starter driver

Micah511 and EddieDS like this.
  25. Micah511

I missed the notifications in here somehow. Did you get out and play?

EddieDS likes this.