Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dirty Projectors - Dirty Projectors (February 24, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jan 18, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

I still really enjoy this

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I listened to the album again on a long drive by myself over the weekend and it really hit in so many ways. The songs are so uniquely structured, his emotion is really palpable, the lyrics are specific and broad at the same time...

3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

One thing I really respect about this album is that it is an immensely personal document of an artistic and romantic relationship that manages to not be bitter...apart from maybe that one line in "Keep Your Name" in regards to wanting truth vs. fame in art.

I'm in a happy relationship at the moment and this album still brings me back to more vulnerable times and the fallouts of other relationships. Just really powerful stuff all around. "Ascent Through the Clouds" is really the only song I'm kind of eh on.

irthesteve likes this.
  4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I discovered the EP with Bjork over the weekend and my life has been shattered. It's incredible.

5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I'm really not trying to beat a dead horse on how much I love this album but...I still feel like this thing is being slept on. I just keep finding new things to love in it. Good example: found "I See You" to be pretty eh, especially as the closer, for a while. Now out of the blue it might be my second favorite on the album behind "Up In Hudson" or "Death Spiral."

That organ line is a complete earworm. Also, the delivery of you "and you leggo my heart" is perfect.

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

As a yin to this self-titled yang, Amber Coffman's solo debut came out today and it also fantastic.

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Whoa, Amber uses the "I See You" beat/organ on "Kindness."

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

irthesteve likes this.
  9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Still the album of the year for me.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

"up in hudson" is still one of my favorite tracks of the year

11. Horrorca

Trusted

awesome record - yes

for sure in my top 10 this year

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  12. irthesteve

This is great

13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Maybe my SOTY. It's so fucking brilliant. The fact that this album is making 0 end of year lists really sucks.

tucah and wisdomfordebris like this.
  14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

the track is just so fucking good

Drewski likes this.
  15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Just got this on vinyl too. I'm moving tomorrow and it arrived right when I packed away my record player and speakers. I'm stoked as hell to spin it.

16. irthesteve

don't worry, it's making mine, and mine matters!

Drewski likes this.
  17. irthesteve

Tour dates! And some new music in this vid

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I feel like he didn't tour around this album at all? Excited because this was my AOTY, but I'm not going to go to Governor's Ball to see him do a 45 minute set...

19. irthesteve

The video I just posted is the tour announcement for this album. There is probably no NY date because of a radius clause

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Yah radius clause for sure. He's a Brooklynite so I imagine another show at some point. We shall see.

21. irthesteve

Keep an eye out as Gov Ball gets closer, for Coachella they announce side-shows about a month ahead of the festival

Drewski likes this.
  22. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

He played Northside fest in BK last June (I loved it)

23. irthesteve

I last saw them when the three women were still in the band and absolutely loved the show, super curious to see the current lineup too. Probably grabbing a ticket to this tour

24. Horrorca

Trusted

that line up live is one of the bets shows I'been to

irthesteve likes this.
  25. irthesteve

Got a ticket!