Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Max Landis, BBC America) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Jul 24, 2016.

1. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Created and written by Max Landis (Chronicle, American Ultra, Victor Frankenstein) and based of the 1987 novel of the same name by Douglas Adams.

Samuel Barnett is playing Dirk Gently the P.I who solves crimes by using "the fundamental interconnectedness of all things"and Elijah Wood is playing his reluctant sidekick Todd.

8 episode season premiering October 22nd on BBC America.

2. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

I know nobody likes Max Landis but this show is really great.

3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

this and Superman: American Alien are the two best things he's done I think.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This got a pretty mixed-to-negative reception over at A.V. Club. I haven't seen it and also haven't read the books (although I love Adams and have read all of the Hitchhiker's Guide books). Is it worth checking out?

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My dislike for Landis outweighs any interest I may have.

dadbolt likes this.
  6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

it's completely bonkers, but I was completely entertained and really enjoyed it. I'm also a big fan of Elijah wood. everyone does an excellent job though. I'm looking forward to hopefully a season 2.

7. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

It's probably one of the best first seasons of a show I've seen in awhile. Crazy labyrinthine sci-fi with really fun/interesting characters.

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I don't like Landis as a human being at all, but I did really like Chronicle and appreciated things about American Ultra and Superman: American Alien. Can't say it's too high on my priorities though.

9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I think it's possible to enjoy and appreciate shows, music, art, etc even if you don't like the creator as a person. he's one person in a big project full of incredibly talented people that all do a great job.