Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Director Spotlight: Quentin Tarantino • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

That is where it should be.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

reservoir dogs is very good but it's overrated in his catalog. tarantino still had room to improve, thankfully he did

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

death proof is on prime. gonna have to rewatch eventually

emojedi likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I still think Reservoir Dogs is in the top tier of his films. When Django and H8 exist, it certainly can’t be last

Cameron, phaynes12 and chris like this.
  5. Morrissey

Trusted

Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight are worse, but Reservoir Dogs is not on the same tier of his greatest films. There is so much growth visible in his ability in just the few years between Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

SpyKi likes this.
  6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

No ones more consistently amazing. Very few directors out there can slap their name on something and I don't have to know what its about and its great

I've seen all of these way too many times but in the end its pulp or inglorious for me

7. Dogssssss.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't know if it's his best, but Hollywood is my favorite. I could throw that on and watch it anytime. I need to be in the right mood for the others

9. soggytime

Trusted

Pulp Fiction
    Inglorious Basterds
    Once Upon a time in Hollywood
    Kill Bill
    Jackie Brown
    Django Unchained
    Reservoir Dogs
    Death Proof
    The Hateful Eight

10. Cameron Apr 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2021)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Went Reservoir. Though I’m so happy with OUATIH, and could also like others have said throw that on whenever. He really rebounded with that one. Although I do think H8 is a good film, and much better than Django.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Inglorious Basterds
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Django Unchained
    Pulp Fiction

Don't really care about the rest.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Hollywood was a very welcome redemption though there are things I like about Django and H8, flawed as they are

but yes Basterds is his masterpiece

justin., Cameron and OhTheWater like this.
  13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Rewatching death proof and if it was cut down to 90 minutes or so I think it would be much better.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i like basterds a lot but seeing it as his masterpiece over pulp fiction is a bit puzzling to me

15. Morrissey

Trusted

Inglourious Basterds is probably the most pleasantly surprising theater experience I had ever had. I hadn't liked Death Proof at the time and Kill Bill felt like a step down from his Nineties work. The Cannes reviews had been questionable and the trailer made it look like it was a brainless bloodbath with just Pitt and the Basterds running around. Instead, it ended up being Tarantino on the top of his form, creating such an iconic villain that is both completely terrifying yet fleshed out and relatable.

chewbacca110, SpyKi and justin. like this.
  16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Basterds is his smartest and most politically potent film pretty easily. Not counting Death Proof, everything Dogs through Basterds is about as good as he can be or close to it, but Basterds is a cut above.

SpyKi, imthesheriff and OhTheWater like this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Of all the copycat Tarentino-eque films that came in the years following Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, what are everyone's favorites?

Jbent likes this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Go

19. phaynes12

lock stock and two smoking barrels

not exactly 1:1 copycat obviously but seems pretty clearly inspired by QT but cockneyfied

20. phaynes12

also things to do in denver when you're dead

21. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

S. Craig Zahler's movies definitely have some Tarantino flavor - Bone Tomahawk, Brawl in Cell Block 99, and Dragged Across Concrete. I enjoyed all three.

jkauf likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Death Proof is good though!

23. phaynes12

something about Zahler really rubs me the wrong way. perhaps it’s working with mel gibson and vince vaughn

24. Jbent

Trusted

Layer cake, if that counts

25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I liked bone tomahawk but cell block 99 did nothing for me so I haven’t checked out anymore of his.