Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Direct Hit – “Hollow Comfort” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Much like all the demos they've released this past year? This song rules.

Really stoked on it, and while this feels like a stand-alone... I hope there's some news around the corner about that next LP they were working on!

fredwordsmith likes this.
  3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I remember seeing the Insta post they had about all the gear they got for their studio and talking about how if they can’t be on the road, they’re just gonna rip out a record.

The last two albums have been absolute barn burners. This is fantastic as well.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

yeah this is a banger. took me about a minute and a half to figure it out. never heard of this band, but I'll be checking out their back catalog.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well, I know they were recording (or have recorded?) one that was meant to be a concept album. At least one of the demos they released was going to be on there. But I'd imagine they're beholden to whatever label is putting it out and their schedule. I'm guessing that they're still on Fat too, which would make sense that they'd wait...

But this seems to be a song that was written and recorded more recently. So it's probably a stand-alone.

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

FWIW, I would suggest starting with Wasted Mind. And start with a full album, if you can. A lot of their songs work way better in that context.

fredwordsmith and CyberInferno like this.
  7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

ah, ok. I had started with 2018 but didn't make it too far before my next meeting started. I'll go back to this album first.

8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

That rec is spot on - Wasted Mind, Crown of Nothing, then oddly enough, I think their B-sides/singles "More of the Same" record is fantastic. It depends on the sound you like though. If you want something more guttural and raw, the older stuff is still catchy but very caustic at times.