Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dinosaur Jr. Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. RIYL: distortion, overdrive, wah-wah, distortion

Yasqueen4 and coleslawed like this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

A band I love I need to listen to more

3. phaynes1

Regular

J Mascis god

4. rebecca

Regular

J Mascis was apparently in the record store I go to about a month ago. My friend was working and he didn't even talk to him but I think he was speechless anyway. I don't know if I'd know what to say to J.

I'm still really fucking pissed that I had a ticket to see Dinosaur Jr. and then I couldn't go. I'd love to see them live.

Yasqueen4 likes this.
  5. cherrywaves

Trusted

I don't even think I would want to talk to him haha. Feels like he'd give only "one-word" answers.

People always talk about how You're Living All Over Me is their best, but I've always felt like the stretch of Bug --> Without A Sound is their peak. New album soon please!!

6. Mclusky30

Farm is my go to record when I want some killer guitar solos. J Mascis doesn't hold back usually but he really doesn't on that record.

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I have YLAOM, and WYB? where should I go next?

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Farm or Without a Sound.

Only records of theirs I'm not in love with are Hand it Over or Dinosaur

Cameron likes this.
  9. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

would really like something new soon from these guys

10. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

My buddy gave me a copy of Ear-Bleeding Country and I got hooked. J Mascis is one of my favorite guitarists and songwriters.

11. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

coleslawed and DaydreamNation like this.
  12. EngineDown likes this.
  13. Kuri44

Beyond turns 10 today

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sweet I'm just now checking out their 00's material.

Their newest album I loved when it came out obviously. For Miles is still a jam

Kuri44 likes this.
  15. Who's pumped for You're Living All Over Me in full at Riot Fest?? I sure as fuck am!

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Damn that sounds awesome. Didn't know that was happening

DaydreamNation likes this.
  17. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

finally bought You're Living All Over Me on vinyl today.

Wish this reissue had the Just Like Heaven cover, but it still rips

inwaves and Cameron like this.
  18. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe I get to see them this year, don't think I've ever been more excited to see a band

Is there any run of records better than Bug/Green Mind/Where You Been

no there is not

Cameron and Aregala like this.
  19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hey do you like this band idk

20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

One of the best live videos I've ever seen, such a heartbreaking song. Could listen to this riff forever

inwaves likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Such a consistent band that I’ve only gotten into over the past 3 years. Still need to check out their full discog.

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I met a stranger at a writing festival and spent a significant portion geeking out over this band. seemingly universal appeal, can't believe I was unaware of this thread

23. HueyLewis

Regular

Watch the Corners is such a great song. The final solo after the breakdown is probably my favorite solo ever.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

J has so many solos that I wonder how many of them are actually similar. like, bc he's got so many, neither he nor us can keep them straight.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. HueyLewis

Regular

None of his solos sound obviously similar to me. I like that they are more melodic than crazy fast. Off the top of my head, the solos in say, Feel the Pain, Watch the Corners, and Pieces are very different. Some fast, some short, some long. I Don’t Wanna Go There is probably his longest.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.