Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

dim (ex-The Dangerous Summer) – from dark to light we'll see • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by thekingofnaps, Apr 1, 2021.

1. thekingofnaps

Nothing's been announced yet, but I would assume an announcement is coming soon!

Leftandleaving likes this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

beachdude and theLordMangus like this.
  3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

full album dropped today. enjoying my listen so far. love that saxophone in start over again

4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

wow last few songs on this absolutely go off

5. thekingofnaps

So glad everyone is able to listen to this full thing now. My favorite songs have changed every day since I got my first listen. This band is something else. Their crossover appeal is insane and can't wait to see what tours they end up on.

Would love to hear what everyone's favorite songs are off first listen!

6. theLordMangus

overly musically-opinionated drummer [Ben Cato] Verified

Ayeee this is so siqqqq loving all the positive feedback about the record. So stoked ya'll are digging in. I'll be checking this thread often so feel free if u wanna AMA.

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Was the album recorded live? It's got a great jam feel to it

theLordMangus likes this.
  8. theLordMangus

Not straight up live but we purposefully did not grid edit the drums. I really wanted the whole band to breathe - like an old deftones record. Come find me is extra special cuz I somehow was able to track it in one take. - I did multiple takes but that first one just had this energy to it so were like fuck, this is it. so we left it. like I said jus really wanted to preserve the organic vibe as much as possible.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This album absolutely rules. The melting pot of sounds the songs pull from is EXTREMELY my thing.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Still hooked on this. The guitar tones and atmosphere throughout are just so great. Vocals are incredible too, so many moments that give me chills. I’m trying to get as many of my friends into this album as I can, they deserve to be way bigger.

thekingofnaps and theLordMangus like this.
  11. WashedOut

Really digging this album, the vocal style isn’t normally my thing but it goes really well with the music. Definitely curious how the vocals will sound live.

12. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Really liking this. It's much more diverse than I was expecting from the singles which is a great thing.

13. Matt Mulkey

Thanks for all of the love everyone! :heart: can't wait to visit everyone on tour. Those of you in Atlanta, I hope to see on July 30th at our album release show at The Masquerade (currently sold out). The support has been unreal - thank you again.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The vox all over the record are insane, but especially on the last track!

beachdude and Matt Mulkey like this.
  15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I've already listened to this album like 20 times! Definitely the best post-hardcore effort this year, whatever beats it, idk. The notes and layers on the vocals are exceptional. Hopefully the lyrics will bear a bit more of a distinction next time around - not saying it's any bad, but a bit random at times with the abundance of phrasal verbs and expressions - I guess the delivery and emotion is what makes it slick anyways (so it's only if I were to go nit-picking all over for some reason).

Love the production and the drumming as well, it feels unstoppable. Of course I'd wish for some more saxophone hahah ;d I mean, that was surely a strong hit when the first single came out. Hopefully it will be promoted a bit more, cause it deserves to gain some traction - I've definitely sent out some of the singles to a bunch of my friends already, but I don't how it work with the marketing campaigns nowadays, there needs to be something to draw more people in.

theLordMangus and Matt Mulkey like this.
  16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

btw. it also strangely reminds me of bands like Pompeii, Alive in Wild Paint or The Graduate, I think due to the whole ambience of the record and mostly chill/well-prepared guitars, but the vocals and drums are so strong that it instantly gives me a "post-hardcore" vibe.

17. Matt Mulkey

So happy you're digging it this much! :D I appreciate the honesty as well. It's funny you noticed the random bits (I call those my gold nuggets) lol. It's actually done on purpose and the fact you noticed it is so awesome to me, haha. There's plenty more music in the works - hopefully we can ramp up our marketing efforts some and get some more people under this album. We appreciate the love and support we've experienced thus far. Thank you for listening and sharing our art.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

So cool to hear there's more to come and well hell yeah, fingers crossed for you guys!

19. theLordMangus

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 3.12.52 PM.JPEG

ayee posted this on the other thread just wanted to make sure I hopped in here too to let ya'll know vinyl pre orders are live and will ship on 12/1. we have these on hand no willy nilly wait forever to get ur order.

www.wearedim.com/store

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Looking great! I've just reminded myself of the album yesterday and listened to it twice, good timing.

21. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

wonder why they went forward with a rebrand

23. Oviedotiger

Regular

Looks like the same members based on the pictures too.

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

weird

25. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I was just listening to them yesterday on my way home! Tbh it might be for the good - they're still pretty hard to find on Spotify when you type the name only, and the title of the album just escapes me seconds after seeing it as well, each time I want to listen to them I need to search through my notes or playlists ;d

Phantoms and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.