Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dillinger Escape Plan Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by fronkensteen, Jun 29, 2016.

1. fronkensteen

Trusted

Surprised there isn't a thread already. They're amazing and my favorite album of theirs is "Ire Works"

Aquabandit likes this.
  2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

My favorite metal band. Hands down. The one's that made me fall in love with the mathcore genre.

Obligatory favorite track:

3. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah, I really like Calculating Infinity, but never really followed them after that... I'm under the impression they became a little bit more focused and glossier (for lack of a better word) in subsequent albums, and I like that idea - I'll dig into the rest of their discography soon

amorningofsleep likes this.
  4. Been a fan for a long time and they put on an awesome live show.

Aquabandit likes this.
  5. fronkensteen

Trusted

I'm a fan of Irony is a Dead Scene EP all the way through Option Paralysis. I don't like their "unpolished" sound with the original singer and whatnot and their latest just never clicked with me, but everything else is incredible.

6. Aquabandit

I love everything starting at Miss Machine, just because I haven't listened to much of their stuff before that. As someone already said, they're amazing live. Ire Works is probably my favorite album by them too.

fronkensteen likes this.
  7. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Ire Works and Option Paralysis are my faves. Didn't really listen to the latest album but I need to do that soon. "Farewell, Mona Lisa" is one of the most well-written songs in heavy music, in my opinion.

8. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Option Paralysis is my favorite but I love all of their albums. Think they started to turn the corner with the new lineup on that album.

Hopefully catching them next month in DC.

9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

One of my favorite bands, especially live. Ire Works is their best work in my opinion.

Aquabandit likes this.
  10. Aquabandit

Definitely check out One Of Us Is The Killer. Great album, especially if you like both Ire Works and Option Paralysis.

11. fronkensteen

Trusted

I think the best thing they've ever done is the intro/middle/outro of When Acting as a Particle, Nong Eye Gong, and When Acting as a Wave from Ire Works.

12. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

Aquabandit and amorningofsleep like this.
  13. amorningofsleep

Aquabandit likes this.
  14. amorningofsleep

They're also doing a few dates with The Number Twelve.

15. fronkensteen

Trusted

Can't wait.

16. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

kyle likes this.
  17. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

wow that was fucking awesome. dillinger as fuck. that ending was something else. seriously.

sooo good

18. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

20. :(

21. Aquabandit

Yeah, damn......

22. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Damn it. I hope I can see them one last time.

23. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

New song is one of the most impressive Ive heard from them. Greg sounds absolutely insane.

inwaves likes this.
  24. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

They were fantastic on Saturday. I little less energy than when I saw them 6 or so years ago but for a band that played at 2 PM on the first day of the festival they sure as hell brought it.

25. Aquabandit

Missed them this weekend. Super bummed about it.