Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dikembe to Release ‘Hail Something’ in July

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Skarpholio

Devourer of burritos

Ordered. Thanks

3. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Havent gotten crazy into these guys yet, but this good.

The thing that really throws me off....is their lead singer....sounds very much like the secondary singer in Captain, We're Sinking(not Bobby Barnett). So I have hard time hearing this and not thinking it's some random Captain b-side.

4. Jake Z

Regular

lol, I thought on Mediumship he sounded very much like Jesse Lacey.

5. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

haha! Jason, you're tripping me out. Making a post, then deleting it right as I replied. ;). I agree with what you said though, I can see similarities with his voice too.

"lol, I thought on Mediumship he sounded very much like Jesse Lacey."-Jake Z

No one sounds like Jesse ;), except maybe Mason(from Republic of wolves). Honestly though, I havent listened to Mediumship a ton.

jorbjorb likes this.
  6. SayHello

Regular

I don't see much growth in sound from their last LP...

7. Jake Z

Regular

Listen to "gets harder" the BN vibes are so strong there.

sean_rugy likes this.
  8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

they're so good. I want nothing but the best for them. Mediumship got a TON of play time when it came out, I should really revisit the album now.

9. kylethrash

Ordered. These guys are so consistent. Mediumship was in my top 5 in 2014.

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@WetwithSharp he actually sounds a lot like Jesse on plenty of moments on "Mediumship" :) I played it for a lot of my friends, and they all had the same connotation in mind, along with the music from time to time.
    These new songs sound more raw, but I can't wait for the whole album.