Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dikembe - Muck (August 19, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 12, 2020.

1. mattav152 Aug 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2020)
    mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I was just gonna say I just started this and the opening 3 song stretch is immediately right up my alley. Loving that guitar solo in Wake especially.

edit: shit, they're not fucking around on this one. Leveled Again is a crazy good closer.

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Really digging this.

Also, love that alien shirt.

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

I'm such a massive fan of Mediumship and everything that came before it (including all the random tracks from splits, compilations, and cassettes, I was legit obsessed when Bowls was their only release lol) but I had a problem getting into everything after. This one is definitely hitting though.

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited to check this out soon!

5. yeah this is probably their best shit

DrawYourMind likes this.
  6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

That Sesame Street excerpt in "Leveled Again" nearly had me in tears.

7. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

first time hearing and listening to these guys and i'm enjoying it but my god do the vocals sound like Jesse Lacey or is it me? (sorry in advance)

DrawYourMind likes this.
  8. MattNCheeze

Trusted

tried years ago to get into this band but could never really but I can say I'm three tracks in so far and really enjoying this so far

9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

mediumship was really cool at the time, but wow this is the next level for them.

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

New AOTY frontrunner right here

11. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

12. I hear this big in Old Husks

13. Anthony_

dylan and dadbolt like this.
  14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. Anthony_

Old Husks is an early favorite of mine as well

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. My immediate favorite was Barely a Sea, but once I get over being knocked right on my ass something else will outshine it. Whole record rules though, didn’t expect to love this as much as I do. Reminds me a lot of that Blis LP in places

17. I wish I had the words to explain how much I love the closer on this record

18. This album is so good, immediately on par with Mediumship and probably better. So glad to have them back, Hail Something never worked for me.

19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

the first run of the tan/red are sold out, but the yellow is available still FYI.

20. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This is the album I was hoping they’d make after Mediumship. It recalls all the best parts of their previous work while also trying new things and sounding fresh. After only a couple of listens I think it’s almost certainly their best record, and I’m stoked it seems to have done so well already sales-wise. Definitely worth waiting 4 years for.

BigMouth and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  21. Nick Aug 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2020)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I love Hail Something. I was 50/50 on it after release but every time I go back I like it more and more. Mediumship is one of my favourite albums ever, Chicago Bowls being probably my favourite ep ever. Never got into Broad Shoulders.

So with that I am INCREDIBLY excited to hit play on this given some of the responses here.

AHHH Steve's vocals are back to the Mediumship style!!

jordalsh and Whalejaw like this.
  22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

holy shit leveled again

Whalejaw likes this.
  23. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Yea I heard so much "Devil and God" sound in the production. It's atmospheric yet still scene. Being that DAG was my favorite album of all time which I also unfortunately don't revisit because of obvious things. It's cool to hear something that sounds like it's in the same family of it. This hits that sound a bit without being copycat. I mean, the band should be ready for that criticism if it does and it does and that's alright. It's not like it's not in line with Dikembe's old stuff.

I scanned each song and haven't listened to Dikembe in years, definitely going to get some spins. I know the albums good, but I'll see if it sticks.

24. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

They even say it “evolved from” Mediumship lol

25. Anthony_

“Weight: 69 lbs.”

nice

BigMouth likes this.