Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dijon - Absolutely (November 5, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Oct 13, 2021.

1. trevorshmevor Oct 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2021)

1. Big Mike’s
    2. Scratching
    3. Many Times
    4. Annie
    5. Noah’s Highlight Reel
    6. The Dress
    7. God In Wilson
    8. Did You See It?
    9. Talk Down
    10. Rodeo Clown
    11. End of Record
    12. Credits!

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yes

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

finallyyyyy

4. New song tonight

Also I guess in addition to Mk.gee, Andrew Sarlo worked on Many Times. Somehow missed that. Would be cool if he worked on most of the record

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Unfortunately not big on this one

7. Same

8. Top post updated with tracklist. Haven’t started this yet and probably won’t til tomorrow, but seeing Rodeo Clown towards the end is kind of a relief to me

9. OotyPa

fall away

Not feeling this as much as his early stuff which is a bummer

10. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

11. Album art

872AF826-2B34-4BF0-ABEC-39DBFE871401.jpeg

12. nohandstoholdonto

only checked out the opener but it was phenomenal so I am still p hopeful I will love this.

13. trevorshmevor Nov 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 5, 2021)
    I really love the production on this. Maybe there’s a better way to put this, but it really achieves this certain balance of vulnerability and sophistication. Like a lot of it sounds like a raw, live recording — very roomy and dry. But at the same time it can be very layered, littered with intricate little flourishes that really modernize the sound

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  14. nohandstoholdonto

uhhhh yeah up to Annie and so far this is everything I could have asked for personally. this is a textural wonderland lmao. and the sequencing is unbelievable, so far it almost feels like one long song

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. nohandstoholdonto

omg!!! the dress??? wow!!!

16. Lol I almost said something but was like nah she’ll discover it in a few minutes. That track is soooooo good

17. nohandstoholdonto

skipped Rodeo Clown partly bc the record was so close but also partly bc the response was muted here, but I really appreciate how emotive his performance is. I would imagine the production and such across the record is either gonna work for you or it’s not, but it works for me big time. the music sounds like it’s springing to life in front of you on a nice pair of speakers, so three dimensional. on End of Record it felt like the song was being played during a dinner party or something. very vivid. Credits! was such a fun closer and fit the namesake, fun way to bring things to an end. I’m incredibly pleased with this record.

18. If it’s even possible to have a song of the year, Many Times might very well be it for me. That one’s a downright obsession for me lol it’s stuck in my head like every day

sean_rugy and OhTheWater like this.
  19. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

yeah this is the best thing i've heard this year by a long shot.

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Really loving this

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

"Nico's Red Truck" is probably my favorite post A//D song, and I think it would fit perfectly on here. Beautiful stuff. P4k review is weird, why do I need to know why Dijon has a connection with Americana? Does the writer want him to explicitly say it, lol?

22. Many Times fucking RULES

23. Jeremy Fisher Nov 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2021)
    Jeremy Fisher

Regular

This is excellent. The Dress is next level. Any physical release coming, I wonder?

smowashere likes this.
  24. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

are you kidding me?!

25. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

OhTheWater likes this.