Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Old Fuck

Regular

Yeah but you missed 2 days, you have to start over

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I was fairly overweight from like 3rd grade until sophomore year of college when I dropped about 40 pounds through calorie counting, and I've slowly lost another 10 or so since. Just the lifestyle change of living on my own helped me keep it off the most. Paying for food is rough haha

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Don't joke. Until a month ago, that's how I would have viewed it and quit on myself. Haha

4. MereReplication

I lost about 25 - 30lbs just by going vegetarian. No exercise whatsoever was necessary. This is admittedly anecdotal, but studies do find that vegetarians/vegans have lower BMIs on average than omnivores (though I don't know the extent to which confounding variables play a part).

Ben Lee likes this.
  5. TheFeels

Regular

You can catch me with my crew eating hot cheetos and takis

MattLikesSsips likes this.
  6. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Do you call yourselves "Flavortown?"

Lauren likes this.
  7. Went for a nice 3 mile run this morning. Having a low carb day and feeling good.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  8. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

when i was younger and could easily hide behind a flag pole i scoffed at the notion of, "it's more important what you eat than exercising". Now that i'm old and don't really like exercising i'm glad this notion / reality exists.

9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Subbing to motivate myself, gonna throw myself into the weight loss life

10. cshadows2887

So hard not to be discouraged when you work really hard for a week and only lose a pound. Deep breath. Grit teeth. Keep going.

Lauren, ChiliTacos and AelNire like this.
  11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I've gotten to where I don't count lbs as much as I do inches. I don't particularly care what the # on the scale is. I want to go down in sizes. Does that make any sense? Lol

coleslawed likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

It absolutely does. I should start measuring. Because part of the frustration is I feel like I can see visible changes. My stomach looks dramatically smaller. And then the number on the scale is less dramatic.

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I started measuring bc the pounds bummed me out. I would get frustrated because like you said I was working hard w/ almost no payoff on the scale.

14. cshadows2887

I just have to keep reminding myself how much better I feel. Even if my weight loss pace is slow. I'm happier. I'm not making myself miserable and depriving myself to do it. People at work are starting to notice and comment. My calves are getting ripped from all this walking. Can't be OCD about it

AelNire likes this.
  15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Glad to hear that! I mainly workout for health bc I want to live forever haha

16. cshadows2887

Well yeah not wanting to die at 50 is also a great motivator.

coleslawed and AelNire like this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

A good way to stay motivated is remember 4-8-12.

It takes four weeks to notice the first changes in yourself. It takes eight weeks for your closer friends and family to notice. It takes twelve for everyone else.

Every four weeks you're noticing more about yourself. Always a good feeling.

Arry, Firefly, ChiliTacos and 2 others like this.
  18. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

[​IMG]

A pound a week for a year is 52lb! Don't sell yourself short x

AelNire likes this.
  19. Firefly

So I tried Five Guys for the first time this weekend. Oh man. Those milkshakes! You can feel your arteries clogging - so good. Wouldn't be surprised if I gained tomorrow but I had a weekend at a Hen Party so I'm not too bothered. Back on it now for the next week until our wedding anniversary.

carrytheweight likes this.
  20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

A pound a week is a great pace!

21. Lauren

Miss America Prestigious

HEYYYY this is a great thread, because I've put on ~30 pounds in the last year and need some camaraderie in my quest to get rid of this shit. So... boot camp class tonight at my gym and hoping I don't die.

St. Nate likes this.
  22. TheFeels

Regular

oh i know you.

23. Lauren

Miss America Prestigious

24. cshadows2887

I legit find myself just waiting for the work day to get over so I can go walking after work. That...feels weird to say.

25. Firefly

You can do it! ^_^

So I lost another 2lb this week - woo. I got on the scale this morning and saw a new stone bracket that I haven't seen in like 2 years! Yay me.

Lauren likes this.