Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 53

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

I like the idea of running outside, but for some reason I stop far more frequently and also I feel like it’s harder on my body

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I do not run outside because I feel like there are more people watching, I live in an ugly area so there's not even good scenery, and I am paranoid about sun damage. Also I run faster/farther on a treadmill because I'm terrified of falling off of it. I take more breaks when I run outside.

But i don't run a whole lot in general.

Collin Skeen likes this.
  3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Oh it's absolutely harder on your body. But I find the opposite to be true, I get bored and slow down on treadmill. When I run outside, I typically do 4 miles at around 8min/mi pace.

Collin Skeen and Dog with a Blog like this.
  4. Collin Skeen

Regular

I don't run with music or on a treadmill unless I really have to. Now that I think about it, I probably haven't been on a treadmill in like 4 years lol.

5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I prefer running outside too, the whole running in place for a certain amount of time makes me feel like I have ADD and I get bored quickly. There’s a lake by me that is exactly the length of a 5K around.

But you know since it snows here until May apparently I am regulated to the treadmill in the winter.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I need the discipline of a treadmill, I am not going to run on my own I just walk fast

ChaseTx and Kiana like this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my family decided to get a family gym membership and I was like dang I want one also.

so once i get my new debit card, It looks like I am finally going to start eating right now and going to the gym again after I get my membership.

dylan, Kiana and Dog with a Blog like this.
  8. Kiana

Watching Crossroads has inspired me to get my life into gear. I need my coming of age moment! And Britney's abs. I am telling myself I will walk to the gym tomorrow. Will i actually? Who knows but I am saying I will so we will see lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. Kiana

I feel like it's weird to buy a provocative poster of Britney circa Slave 4 U but I am considering buying one to hang on my wall by my vanity to inspire me to not eat all the junk food lol

10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Its actually a proven driving force if you constantly reflect on someone you admire. The last conference I went to talked about it. Not a sick obsession of course!

Kiana, GrantCloud and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

weighed myself at the Y today and im at 206! kinda surprising because my intake hasn't been what my diet is. pretty sure 210 is pretty attainable by memorial day.

RJ Knorr and Nate_Johnson like this.
  12. Kiana

So I walked to the gym today. It took like 45 min each way. The walk itself wasn't too bad but I have a weird thing where I don't like people to see me out and about so I didn't care for all the cars and it wouldn't be like an everyday thing. It wasn't gruesome or anything but also ask me how I feel tomorrow I might be dead.

Since I did my cardio getting there I tried more of the weight lifting equipment. Still don't know how to use most of it tho

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Today is my first week back to five days a week. After day two I am already destroyed.

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

it was legs today and my hams are still on fire four hours later

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Don’t leave it in the oven so long.

That ham will get to dry.

16. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Everything's a fucking carb and I hate it. I am craving bread.

17. Kiana

Whenever I go on the treadmill I try to challenge myself by increasing the speed for the duration of a song(s). I never noticed how many songs take FOREVER to end like they're just taking their time doing a gradual fade out or some na na na's and I'm

[​IMG]

18. Garrett

What does everyone's workout playlist typically look like? I got away from music and into audiobooks/podcasts for awhile, but now that I'm working out with a buddy, it's much easier to have music in one ear than try to pay attention to a book or podcast.

dylan likes this.
  19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

i haven't updated mine in a really long time (because I haven't gone to the gym or ran for a really long time. But anymore, my "playlist" is just putting on a new album and listening to it all the way through.

GrantCloud and Garrett L. like this.
  20. Garrett

I did this with The Artist In the Ambulance (not new, I know) yesterday. There’s a certain level of hype I need and most new stuff I listen to don’t really reach it.

dylan likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my playlist has usually just been a pump up "heavy" playlist or a pump up rap playlist.

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. Kiana

Rn my top songs are

Garrett L. and Nate_Johnson like this.
  23. Kiana

Also went to the gym with a friend I've never gone with before and we had very different gym views or whatever. Like she lifts an extremely heavy weight once but she can't do reps and that's what she says she lifts. I guess I don't count it as the weight I lift unless I can do a few reps successfully and I'm definitely not interested in starting off super heavy and am trying to work my way up. Idk I felt like she was trying to prove how strong she was a lot and there was some sort of the tortoise wins the race metaphor at work.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. Garrett

Maxing out more than like once every three or four months is useless and doesn’t generate strength and does kickstart injury.

Definitely go the tortoise route.

25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Today I lifted to the fame monster. Man that cd does not get old.