Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 52

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Get swole

dylan likes this.
  3. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

That’s why I told you I was gonna set off the lunk alarm

dylan likes this.
  4. dylan

when did you tell me this?

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

they actually have up to 75.

They have bars (not barbells but like fixed weight bars) up to 50

dylan likes this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I can't go to my gym since I don't have a car anymore. Yesterday my therapist told me to challenge myself and walk there. It's two miles away but it's on the steepest and busiest road in town and that sounds terrible. So it'd take me like an hour to even get to the gym and I feel like I'd be too tired to actually do much when I got there and then I'd walk another hour home. And idk the idea of walking up a busy area like that pings my anxiety.

dylan likes this.
  7. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

one time when you asked how the gym was to chase and i. clearly you didn't understand my level of gainz cause you didnt even know what the lunk alarm was smdh.

but i didnt set it off. twas a joke

dylan likes this.
  8. dylan

it wasn't very funny, kaitie

9. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

true tbh

dylan likes this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Two miles is doable in 30 minutes. Put on those boss jam playlists I know you got and enjoy the walk! (You could even eventually turn it into a run. But also ew.)

But also yeah. I can’t imagine walking to the gym and then having to work out and then walk back. That collapse into my car with cold air blasting is as much of the routine as anything.

11. Kiana

I can def do 2 miles in 30 minutes like on a treadmill but in an area so steep with all the intersections and traffic it'd take me longer I think. I mean it would undoubtedly be a good workout lol but I just keep envisioning the hill in my mind and am like nooope lol

Garrett L. likes this.
  12. Jason

Regular

I walk almost 2 miles to my gym. I have to go through a hill and 2 busy intersections. It's pretty easy once you do it a few times. Just a matter of getting used to it.

I used to hate the idea of having to walk/run to the gym, so I'd take my bike, but it's more a workout to walk/jog there, workout, and then jog/walk back.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. Kiana

I think right now my biggest reservation is the motivation. I have a hard time getting out of bed these days let alone getting out of bed to make a walk that causes me anxiety and sounds awful lol. I did talk to a friend who goes to the same gym who is willing to pick me up after work and go together, but she gets rly busy so we'll see if that truly pans out and then I'll look at suckier options I guess lol.

dylan likes this.
  14. Jason

Regular

I had that exact same problem as well. I had that issue this morning before I went to the gym, but you just gotta fight through otherwise nothing changes and you're stuck in the same cycle.

Collin Skeen and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. Kiana

Yes I know the cycle of depression. I've arranged to go with a friend so hopefully that works out. If it doesn't I'll consider walking or working out in my apartment for the time being.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. Kiana

My sister leant me her car the past two days to go to the gym. It was nice being able to go but I hate how hot it always is in there. I am always cold so it is a testament to how hot it truly is. They have a few sporadic ceiling fans but unless you are on the equipment directly below u don't feel it. My workout sucked today cause I was so hot I could not keep up a good pace. I NEVER say this but pls blast the AC!! Idk if it's so warm cause the building has a heated pool or what. Either way, RIP me

Garrett L., bachna84 and GrantCloud like this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

Ordered a juicer. Really let myself go this semester. It happens nearly every semester but this one in particular has been very bad. Hoping this will help me get back into the swing of things.

Collin Skeen and GrantCloud like this.
  18. Kiana

I think I've been doing a bit better resisting fast food it's not something I get much on my own, but when I'm with someone and they're getting it I usually cave. It's hard to not see fast food/restaurants as a treat and then wanna indulge just on that basis alone.

But a friend invited me to Starbucks and I got a water. And my sister offered to buy McDonald's for dinner but I declined and made a healthy dinner when I got home. It's hard cause it's such a social thing but being broke makes it easier too lol. And exercising. Went to the gym today and then my sister got something at the Safeway deli and I almost did too but luckily they had calories posted and it was like a days worth in a carton of fried rice and my soul left my body cause I wasn't gonna undo all that work

Now I just gotta resist eating my feelings lol

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Man I love my juicer, I love mixing milk/vanilla protein powder/kale/banana/Greek yogurt.

Its a great alternative if you don’t have time to make a proper meal and can obviously be healthy also.

20. Collin Skeen

Regular

I haven't gone to the gym lately (last time I ducked in and out in about 5 minutes) but I've been running a lot more. You literally can't go on a run here without at least two major hills, so I like to think I'm getting double duty lol.

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I loved cardio but hated strength training, now I love strength training but hate cardio. Pretty sure there is no happy medium. My buddy who I work out with has the same mentality. Treadmills are the absolute worst.

Collin Skeen and Dog with a Blog like this.
  22. Kiana

I am okay with cardio if I have music that motivates me to keep going. Sometimes i have to cover the time elapsed screen tho cause I'll stare at it and time drags.

I wish I did more strength training. I took a strength training class in hs but I don't remember a lot. I look up some exercises on Pinterest but man there is a lot of unhealthy stuff on there

Collin Skeen and awwgereee like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I only do cardio and pilates, I watch TV when I do cardio so it doesn't get boring

Collin Skeen and GrantCloud like this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

Love strength training, fucking hate cardio lol. But I’ll take a treadmill over running outside any day tbh

GrantCloud and Collin Skeen like this.
  25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

No way, outside running > treadmill any day. I love being outside, get that fresh vitamin D, the sounds, the sights, so refreshing.