Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 50

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

On topic: leaning out and lifting is going quite well right now. Slowly working to two-a-days.

2. Does anyone work out in the morning and take a pre workout supplement to get going?

GrantCloud and Nate_Johnson like this.
  3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I Generally use one regardless of morning or afternoon, haha.

But if you are looking for a good kind I personally use C4 fruit punch flavor. Kicks in about 10 minutes after taking it and doesn’t taste like butt.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm trying to eat better. I eat decently and don't rly buy junk food. Sometimes I'll get kraft or top ramen to keep around for when I'm sick or get home really late but otherwise I eat okay. It's when people invite me out to eat, which usually happens 2-3x a week. I have a hard time eating healthy then. I love salad but it costs like the same to get a salad as it does to get pasta with a side salad and bread or sometimes is even more expensive than a veggie burger and fries and I usually go for the worse for me option. Eating is such a social thing and I don't think I can eliminate it completely but I'm trying to make better choices when I do.

Also I've cut out soda pretty much and have only gained weight lol awesome

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. Kiana

I realized i posted that as I was eating leftover pad thai and m&ms. Wow I wonder why I'm gaining weight it's such a mystery??

6. Garrett

I work out in the morning on just coffee. Pre workouts scare me a little haha

7. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

New regime is 1 x boxing circuit a week for 1 hour. It's a killer, but so good.
    1 x pilates class, which I found daunting and weird at first but it's actually pretty hard, and worth it.
    2 x regular gym sessions, plus walking my dog maybe once or twice a week.

Food for me's the hardest part. During the week I'm all good, no desserts, portions are a good size. No soft drink or beers etc. The weekend is when it falls apart. I still get exercise in, but I just eat badly...pizza, soft drink, beers...and it sucks cos' all my friends have those kind of metabolisms where they can have 3 KFC meals a day and not gain a shred of weight, and pubs and bars are such a social/fun thing, but they serve the best tasting food, but the worst for you. :(

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. Kiana Feb 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2018)
    Kiana

I redownloaded myfitnesspal. I've had issues with it in the past. Calorie counting makes me a bit obsessive. I thought I did well today but I consumed too few calories by quite a bit. It is discouraging for me. I know i would've eaten more but I didn't have time to eat all the components of my lunch. Even if I had, I'd prob still be too low. I have a hard time finding a middle ground. Either I'm too low or way too high. I guess that's the benefit - it will help me figure out what I need daily, but I still have that discouraging feeling of failure.

Edit: I did forget my coworker gave me a mini can of soda which boosted my calories a lil but obv not in a nourishing food kinda way

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  9. Kiana

Ok today went better somehow?? I feel like I ate less and I worked out so I had even more calories to eat but I must have eaten more calorie dense foods cause it was still below the goal but not enough that they scolded me and wouldn't log it. It said if I keep it up for 5 weeks I'll hit my goal weight. I lose motivation fast so... we'll see!

St. Nate and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I have my already mixed preworkout next to my phone and when the alarm goes off at 5am I immediately i jug it and lay in bed til about 515 then get up and ready for gym. by the time im there at 545 im energetic and good to go for an hour workout and 30 mins of cardio, shower there, and at work by 8. People in my office are walking in looking like zombies and crowding to the coffee pot and im walking in on top of the world. morning workout routine is the best. only downfall is going to bed at like 9pm. but in this day in age with DVR, on demand, Netflix, etc, not much you need to stay up late for

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I weighed for the first time in two weeks and I'm up 20 pounds.

I think my scale is broken.

That's, like, literally not even possible with my stomach and what I've been eating.

I don't believe it one bit.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  12. Kiana

So far I've stuck with going to the gym regularly this month. I haven't lost or gained anything I don't think but I have grown to enjoy going, or at least the feeling afterwards. I am still having trouble pushing past my inclination to give up when I get tired. Today an elderly man was kicking my butt on the treadmill lol. I try to push past it but I lack stamina. I try to keep my eyes off the time elapsed or the clock but it's so haaaard. I do better at pushing myself when a friend goes with me, but on days I go solo I'm like meh. Tho today was probably one of the best solo days I've had.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. Kiana

Update: I've gained weight and nobody better tell me it's muscle cause it's not!!! My eating habits are all out of wack and I think it's throwing my metabolism off. Plus that fun thing called aging when u get to ur mid 20s and u just look at a piece of pie and gain weight.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Loss of metabolism as you get older is SO real. You teens and early-2os folks reading this: take it to heart to exercise as much as you can and form good habits.

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m on day two without creatine post workout and I’m definitely feeling the effects of cycling off of it. Haha

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. Garrett

Just got below 170 for the first time. Finally starting to like myself a little bit. Hard work is paying off.

chewbacca110, RJ Knorr, Kiana and 3 others like this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't wait to get to 220.

RJ Knorr and Nate_Johnson like this.
  18. I'm doing a 1200 calorie per day diet right now. Trying to fill that up with as much real food as possible. The first few days were tough but now it's getting a lot easier. I ended with 1100 cals today and I'm not even hungry. Drinking a lot of water helps.

19. Kiana

I have a hard time eating enough calories most days. I am lazy so I rarely eat breakfast so I miss out on a meal and I'm not really a snacker either so I'm trying to be more consistent with an eating schedule. But when I go over calories, man do I go over lol

I have discovered that the most amazing and relaxing thing ever is: go to gym later in the evening --> sit in sauna and chill for a while after workout --> take shower at gym (which saves on the amount of dirty towels I use at home thus saving me precious laundry space and quarters!) --> change into PJs after shower and just go home all cozy and get in bed. I don't do it every day but I do it when I can and it's the best. I'm finally starting to feel like my stamina is showing a lil improvement but I need to push myself a lil harder

20. Garrett

Sitting in the sauna is a favorite part of my gym routine

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I wish I had access to a scale to keep track of my progress. As it is I only know my weight when I have Dr appts haha

iCarly Rae Jepsen and dylan like this.
  22. Kiana Mar 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2018)
    Kiana

I feel like scales are ridic tbh. Whenever someone has one in the bathroom I cannot avoid the temptation to step on it and it varies wildly. The other day my dad's said one thing and then a few days later I got on his scale and I'd apparently lost 6 pounds? The doctor scale in the locker room seems accurate so I try to just go by that

23. Garrett

I rec only using the same one. I’ve used two in the same gym with a 12 pound variable.

dylan likes this.
  24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

double-u, double-u, double-u

dot

amazon

dot

com

25. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

the past three days I've been getting back into my dieting and eating habits before I moved and I feel great. Our new rec center for the city opens at the end of May so my plan right now is to run between now and then to help build back up my cardiovascular endurance and hopefully get myself acclimated to the major altitude change so I can get back into lifting by then.