Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I did 4 with grilled chicken and broccoli and then 3 days I'll eat a salad.

2. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

So far I really hate my new job so I skip lunch to leave earlier and just bring some small things for snacks throughout the day (string cheese, almonds, healthy breakfast bar crackers and such). I need to eat less anyway (I eat when bored at home or work) so we'll see how the next few weeks go.

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Yeah exactly what I'm doing.

I always tried to change my life wholesale. Change everything all at once. But this time I'm smarter. I've been eating better for two months. Making changes I can live with and not ones that torture me. Going for walks (and jogging up the hills) as close to every day as I can swing for a month.

Lost 4 pounds the first month. 8 the second month. Trying to keep it going.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Mom and I decided to basically just go right back on Whole30. (I'll keep alcohol.) We're both already over feeling sick from eating food every day and it's only been four days.

Firefly likes this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

That's awesome man! Hopefully that good momentum keeps snowballing and you surpass your goal.

6. TheFeels

Regular

IMO this is the best diet to lose weight easily on, but it's a bit of a struggle to stick with it at first. I did it for 16 months, and then went on a 4 month pizza bender.

KETO is really hard if you're really exerting yourself in the gym with weights and stuff. Almost impossible, actually.. but if you walk for an hour each day, the fat will melt off. How are you doing with it?

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Joining this thread! I started running and eating healthier two weeks ago and I'm down 7 pounds.

Firefly likes this.
  8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the hardest part is planning my meals out, but I'm definitely getting better. I also hate being the guy eating out that has to make special requests, so I've limiting that, as well, for now.

TheFeels likes this.
  9. Old Fuck

Regular

Someone give me a typical days food intake on a ketogenic diet. I'm talking about a normal person, not someone with the time to filet a salmon on his lunch break.

Firefly likes this.
  10. TheFeels

Regular

Breakfast :

Bacon and eggs
    or an omelet

Lunch :
    Salad with meat, mix and match green veggies however you'd like. Watch out for dressing with sugar

Snacks : cheese, avocado, nuts, berries, seeds

Dinner : steak, chicken, fish, Going to fast food joins and ordering burgers without buns or ketchup and a small caesar salad instead of fries (no croutons)

Something like that

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

filet a salmon for dinner the night before and save some for your lunch.

12. iam1bearcat

looking over the keto diet. I like it. It doesn't even seem like a diet. Hell, I'm kind of already partaking it, just have to make some edits. Losing potatoes will be tough though and makes me sad just thinking about it.

and is this the so called "cave man" diet? seems to resemble it (i.e. only eating 'real' foods that existed when we lived in caves)

13. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Reading the book In Defense of Food right now. Pretty good!

14. iam1bearcat

also, i thought carbs were good / you were supposed to have them?

like Lewis Black says: first they say 'eat eggs!' so I ate a lot of eggs. Then they say, 'avoid eggs!' so I didn't eat 'em. Then 'just eat the white!' then, 'just the yellow!'. Make your minds!

I'm starting to believe all diets are directed by companies anyway. With how much money and shady dealings go on, you know the carb companies hate being singled out in diets so they hire people to say carbs are good and make diets based on eating lots of carbs.

I never knew who to trust. I trusted no one. And I still feel like I've had a fast one pulled on me. :cringe:

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yeah, it's pretty similar to Paleo, but that one allows more fruits and sometimes cuts out dairy products.
    Potatoes were a hard cut for me, too.

16. TheFeels

Regular

Carbs are good if you're an athlete or you're doing weight-training. If you're not, they're unnecessary. Carbs aren't even needed in the human diet at all.

17. iam1bearcat

See, this is what I don't get. The first few websites I looked at to learn more about carbs all say they're necessary and help with immune systems, brain functions and energy. It's impossible to believe anything anymore.

18. TheFeels

Regular

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with carbohydrates if you eat a balanced diet and you're just a normal person doing their thing, but excess carbs can really screw with lots of people and they gain weight. Fat has a bad name, too, but fat is important as well.

If you're trying to lose weight, lowering your carbs and calories is a really good way to achieve that goal because by nature, you'll be eating more natural "whole" foods and less stuff that's in containers and cardboard boxes.

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Dieting is so hard.

image.png

MattLikesSsips likes this.
  20. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Went to 7-11 for Gatorade and Red Bull. Came back with Takis and Ice Cream Sandwich. I know the feeling lol

AelNire likes this.
  21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

That's something my sister would do too haba

22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Been walking at this reservation near my house 27 of the last 29 days. They say it takes a month to form a habit, right?

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This is pretty accurate.

image.jpeg

Garrett L. likes this.
  24. iam1bearcat

sad / unhappy that fitbit somehow counts driving as a small number of steps. I look forward to the daily "buzz" of 10,000 steps going off and yesterday it went off while I was driving :-/

25. iam1bearcat

[​IMG]

these will be the death of me.