Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 43

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Same. It's my last weekend to go hard before I move. Fuck it.

2. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Hey guys, gonna be going gym soon so that means time for clean(er) living! Any general tips for me? Just about cleaner eating and stuff

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

I'm no expert but I say definitely try to eliminate as much processed sugar as possible. For me that is #1. Also cut back on the empty carbs, e.g., white bread, alcohol, chips etc.

What does your diet consist of now? I try to keep mine pretty simple.

4. Dog with a Blog

I had another guy tell me he didn't recognize me cause I looked hella buff. What the fuck, I do not see it lol

5. I started doing stair sprints and my recovery is much faster than running on a flat surface, so that rules. Low impact and better cardio works for me.

I cut out juice, soda, shitty bread, eat less rice and pasta, and for now that works. Added more vegetables and stopped snacking so much.

Motivation is that I let myself go and winter weight wasn't coming off as easily this year, so actually had to do something before it got worse. Plus vacation at the sea in a month so gotta look better.

Really need to add more strength training, I'm not consistent about that at all. Thus I remain skinny fat.

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Didn't think to take your kettle bell to Germany now did ya

Keri likes this.
  7. I thought about doing keto but the more I thought about it the more terrible it sounds so I think I'll just cut out *most* carbs. On weekdays. After my birthday. Baby steps.

dylan and Bloodsucker II like this.
  8. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

But it makes you feel so good!!!!

9. Damn airlines and their weight limits :p

Garrett L. likes this.
  10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Just want to shout out this thread for helping motivate me to get in better shape. I'm down 70 pounds since January, and I'm at the lightest I've weighed since probably high school at 190. Reading through this thread from page one really helped make me decide to make a change. Glad I did, I feel so much better.

kassie09, ncarrab, dylan and 6 others like this.
  11. Garrett

70 pounds! That's incredible, Joe. Good work!

Joe4th and Nate_Johnson like this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

Dude that is freaking awesome. Keep it up!

Nate_Johnson and Joe4th like this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I worked out today. I wanna try and get toned. Most of my body issues are just things that need to be toned up + I want to get stronger because I hate that when it comes to lifting heavy things I'm no help at all and feel weak. I got an exercise mat so now I feel more comfortable not only cause it's literally more comfortable but it absorbs the noise of my movement so I feel less guilty for my downstairs neighbor. I did better on the workout today than I did last year doing the same video so that's cool.

Also gonna try rly hard to only drink water. Plus it's just cheaper living that life!

RJ Knorr and Jason Tate like this.
  14. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

I'm currently in Scotland for a school conference. The food here is amazing, the beer and scotch are fantastic, and there's no gym. It's a /ton/ of walking, but it's also a /ton/ of eating. I'm literally getting anxiety about coming back. After losing all the weight I've got this terror that I'm going to wake up and ALL the weight will come back. Trying to enjoy myself here because, you know, Scotland... but it's scary-making.

15. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Was sick all last week and didn't go to the gym at all so I'm here today and weak as shit and it's frustrating

16. Kiana

On day 3 and it feels like day 1000 ugh lol. Today was the first time I've worked out on a day i work (I usually work out in summer which I have off) so it's good to see that it's doable. I guess we'll see what happens when it's the double whammy of work and a period ha. But every time I wanna give up I look at my untoned stomach like naaaaaw we're doing this. Also to surprise ppl with my super strength obv

17. PensHockey

Regular

I hate working out but once it's over it feels awesome. I have to get up at 3am M-F to work out so I have enough time to get to work by 5 am. But it's worked. Down 60lbs, only 20 more to go to reach my full hottie potential. Or at least what I tell myself. lol

18. Joe4th

We're working 10 hour shifts at work now, so working outs been harder lately. I'm on my feet for 90% of the day, so by the time I get home I'm exhausted. I'm still managing to most of the time, but man, it's so tiring lately.

Nate_Johnson and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I work 12 hour days at least three days a week so I totally get it. I find that (even though it sucks) it's easier to get up before you go to work and work out because at the end of the day the last thing you are going to want to do is work out (ESPECIALLY after being on your feet all day, which I am as well).

Joe4th likes this.
  20. Joe4th

Yeah. I need to motivate myself to wake up around 4 and work out then. I know it'll work out better for me, but like... sleep haha

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

What do you do?

22. Garrett

I'm at the frustrating stage where results are so hard because it's the final stages. I've got to be patient and drastic haha

23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Yeah, the plateau's are hard and frustrating. That's where you have to change it up or be really strict in your habits. I find that a 3 days cleanse every 3 months or so really helps.

24. Kiana

I work with kids who run around and and throw things at me and kick my shins and blah blah so working out is the last thing I wanna do when I get home. I just wanna crawl into the fetal position and die lol

25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I haven't had meat in over a week for whatever reason. I had dinner at my parents house tonight and skipped the entree and now I know what a rebellious but sensitive teenager feels like

Kiana and Nate_Johnson like this.